Darwin property, to late?

I have been looking in Darwin for an IP as I believe there a strong future for Darwin with big projects about to start. I know Darwin property prices have had strong growth in recent times, has the shipped already sailed in terms of picking up a good CG investment?

Hi N.D

I was thinking that about 18 months ago people were asking the same sort of questions about Gladstone. Then I noticed your location....Gladstone

Darwin has never been outstandingly cheap. Even back in the 90s, well before the resources boom, prices exceeded Perth or Adelaide.

Although Darwin having a good future and some pretty good rental yields, personally I see no great scope for capital gain. Everything is fully priced. I dumped my NT property almost 2 years ago. Definitely better value elsewhere.

Darwin IP

I have been looking in Darwin for an IP as I believe there a strong future for Darwin with big projects about to start. I know Darwin property prices have had strong growth in recent times, has the shipped already sailed in terms of picking up a good CG investment?
It would depend on your time frame I guess. There are a lot of 1 & 2 bedroom units under construction in the CBD. We will soon see if the off the plan buyers have made a profit.
Personally both Darwin and Gladstone have been good to us.
I think capital growth will kick in in Darwin after a long hiatus.
Regards
Nick

Still kicking *** and I don't see it slowing down anytime soon.
Every man and their dog is talking about, and/or investing here now, it's the latest fashion so it seems. I'm hearing so many people talk about it all over the place and ad's are all over the TV.

So, yeah maybe it is the end for now cause most everyone buys at the trendiest time, which is peak. But I still see it climbing, nothing outrageously massive but better than most for the short term, but I think really well into the future

Back