Death cap mushrooms sold in Canberra Woolworths!

I learnt many years ago not to harvest mushrooms from beneath deciduous trees - hence the Canberrans going into the pine forests.

It beats me how death caps would have gotten into Woolies unless there was a fault with the supplier, if this was the case, then there would have been many more cases.

Could it have been a case of food tampering (ie someone dropping off a few death caps into the case of mushrooms instore?) :eek:

I had a friend whose first husband died from poison mushrooms.

Her second husband also died from eating poison mushrooms.

Her third husband died from ... being hit on the head with a baseball bat.

He wouldn't eat his mushrooms.

I had a friend whose first husband died from poison mushrooms.

Her second husband also died from eating poison mushrooms.

Her third husband died from ... being hit on the head with a baseball bat.

He wouldn't eat his mushrooms.

How's that bump on the head Geoff?

All baloney. This is Australia not Bali! I bet ya they picked the mushies themselves.

I'm just finished frying up some mushies right now. hmmmm....noice......AArrrghhhhh!.... there's a goanna in my kitchen!

How does a poison mushroom, or mushrooms, find their way into a box with edible ones??

Interesting too how the media stated 'three patients from the same household' and not 'three patients from the same family'.

Sounds like a BS story to me too.

On the radio this morning , they announced woolies had been cleared. The Cynic in me wonders whether they bought mushrooms at woolies and added a few of their own hoping to make some sort of claim ...

Cliff

On the radio this morning , they announced woolies had been cleared. The Cynic in me wonders whether they bought mushrooms at woolies and added a few of their own hoping to make some sort of claim ...

I think they came up short on the amount needed for cooking so they decided to farm it from the ground.

I'm right there with you on that one! Unfortunately hubby loves them so I occassionally have to put up with the bland taste.

They are definitely not bland if cooked properly ... saut?ed with garlic and butter ... or saut?ed and then put in the cream sauce (making me hungry).

The secret is to fry them off in butter first

I love mushrooms (the edible ones anyway).

We use them all the time in cooking - and Dickson is our local Woolies...happy to confirm no issues so far :)

Cheers

Jamie

Back