Deception Bay Qld

I have recently finished renovating a house in the area and wonder if anyone may be interested in purchasing it as an IP?
It has 3 bedrooms, new kitchen and bathroom, new back deck and polished floors. It is in Bailey Road, for those who know the area. I have jpeg images for those who are curious. I am asking around $269 for a direct sale. Rental appraisal is around $220 per week so it will be negatively geared but there will be some depreciation benefits.

Hi all,

*sigh*
Leebow, Welcome to the forum.
A place where like minded people share ideas and thoughts about property investment and a range of other topics loosely related to property investment.

Putting your first post in "caveat emptor" is regarded as poor form, this is not just a place for free ads.

$269k in depression bay, sorry Deception bay, not overly cheap. The area has had fantastic growth over the last couple of years(you could buy there for $60-$100k, 2 years ago). This growth probably will not be repeated. (You can tell by the number of properties for sale and rent in the area) $220 rent for 3 bedder, there is cheaper accomodation for renovated properties in the area(look up realestate.com)

Perhaps , Leebow, you could offer the forum more than just advertising.

Why do you think this area would be a good place for investment?? In which case why are you selling and not holding??

bye

"I am asking around $269 for a direct sale. Rental appraisal is around $220 per week so it will be negatively geared but there will be some depreciation benefits".

Why would it be negatively geared?
Regards
Billybob

Bill.L said:
Hi all,

*sigh*
Leebow, Welcome to the forum.
A place where like minded people share ideas and thoughts about property investment and a range of other topics loosely related to property investment.

Putting your first post in "caveat emptor" is regarded as poor form, this is not just a place for free ads.

$269k in depression bay, sorry Deception bay, not overly cheap. The area has had fantastic growth over the last couple of years(you could buy there for $60-$100k, 2 years ago). This growth probably will not be repeated. (You can tell by the number of properties for sale and rent in the area) $220 rent for 3 bedder, there is cheaper accomodation for renovated properties in the area(look up realestate.com)

Perhaps , Leebow, you could offer the forum more than just advertising.

Why do you think this area would be a good place for investment?? In which case why are you selling and not holding??

bye

Bill,

Thanks for your response - I believe that D'Bay is a good investment for the longer term. The old housing commission homes are being swept away, the water is close by (as is transport, shops and other community ameniities). Due to the cost of housing in Redcliffe many older people are downsizing and moving further along the coast. This particular house is close to all the amenities and has had a fantastic refurbishment. Many of the properties advertised on realestate.com.au have not been cleared off the web. I am selling this together with 2 other houses in Hamilton to become involved in a development further up the coast.

Bye

Back