Deniliquin

Anyone considered buying or have already bought property in Deniliquin NSW ?

Considered it for about 1 milli-second. Then said "no" because:
30% single parent households
Most income earners there make $26-40K
Less than 10,000 people live there

Yes, prices went up by 10% last year. This is more of a 'slow and steady wins the race' type of long term buy & hold IMO.

The rice mill which closed down 2 years ago is about to reopen employing 100 people.

You can buy an older style home in deni for around $120,000 that will rent for $200 a week. Demand for rentals is strong and exceeding supply. Isnt this a combination for good Capital Growth ?

Good opportunity exists for renovations to add value or sub divide - most houses on large blocks.

Its hard to know where to put your hard earned bucks. Deni just looked like a good bet to me.

The rice mill which closed down 2 years ago is about to reopen employing 100 people.
....and if it closes down again? :confused:

You can buy an older style home in deni for around $120,000 that will rent for $200 a week. Demand for rentals is strong and exceeding supply. Isnt this a combination for good Capital Growth ?
Nope not really. The trade-off for high yields like that is low(er) CG. You can't normally have both. The vacancy rate in deni is currently 2.6% - nothing to write home about.

Good opportunity exists for renovations to add value or sub divide - most houses on large blocks.
Now you might be onto something here. :)

Its hard to know where to put your hard earned bucks. Deni just looked like a good bet to me.
It's your money - you bets it where you want to. :p

Personally, I favour areas that have high sales demand where supply is low and people are high income earners.

I spoke to Management from Sunrice today and was assured that there was enough water in the catchments to keep the mill open for another 5 years even if they dont get another drop of rain during that time.

Rental vacancy rates are presently below 1% according to the 3 agents that I phoned.

Im 2 hours away from deni but am planning a trip over to check it all out and get a feel for the place.

Will let you know how I go.

I will be taking my cheque book with me :)

keenas

Lol 100 people! They probably already live there and are currently unemployed :)

Back