depreciation shedule

does anyone have a spreadsheet for depreciation or keeping track of expenses on my 4 houses ,
much appreciated in advance :D

Thanks Cherry Pro.

Tom, I'm not entirely sure what you're looking for. I don't think you'll find a 'spreadsheet for depreciation'.

Just record all your expenses on an Excell. Keep each property seperate.

Extract from it any tasks that are legitimate repairs - you'll claim those in full.

Send the rest to me and I'll explain how to treat the expenditure.

Scott

Hi Scott,

Very quick, very basic question:

If I convert my PPOR to IP before the end of this FY, (expected lease to start 18th June), how much (if any) of the depreciation for 06/07 is pro-rated?

ie. Can I only claim 5/52 of the depreciation available for this year??

Thanks for the help!

Chris

Hi Scott,

Very quick, very basic question:

If I convert my PPOR to IP before the end of this FY, (expected lease to start 18th June), how much (if any) of the depreciation for 06/07 is pro-rated?

ie. Can I only claim 5/52 of the depreciation available for this year??

Thanks for the help!

Chris

Chris,

From a tax perspective, expenses become deductible once the property becomes available for rent.

So depreciation will be claimable from the period 18 - 30 June.

From a tax perspective, expenses become deductible once the property becomes available for rent.

So depreciation will be claimable from the period 18 - 30 June.

That applies to the building. Depreciation available on it (depending on when it was built) is pro-rated. So yes, it will be 2/52.

But Assets (fixtures and fittings) are different.

Any Assets valued under $300 on the first available to let date are written off in full in the first year.

Any Assets valued between $300 and $1,000 may go into the Low Value Pool. The Pool depreciates at 18.75% in the first year regardless of whether that year is 2 weeks or 50 weeks.

In lots of cases it's worth claiming depreciation on properties made available for let toward the end of the year.

Scott

In relation to the last part.... If I purchased IP as follows:
Contract date = 20 May 2007
Settlement date = 20 July 2007...

Then, can I claim all depreciation including building dep at 2.5% from 20 May... ie 5/52 weeks???

Back