Developing for Profit-Site inspection

Hi Guys,

Is anyone going or interested in going to this in Nundah Brisbane. It a site inspection,cost $197 and you can bring a friend for free. Sounds interesting.
I'm in melbourne
ShirleyK

See for Yourself How a 25 Year Old Created Capital Gains of over $250,000 in Just 6 months
using a clever kick-butt combo reno strategy ... with a DA twist

You are personally invited to join Geoff Doidge, Paul Eslick (The Reno Kings), and Matt Cosgrove (Your Investment Property Magazine Property Investor of the Year Runner-Up) to take a close-up look at 2 property deals that will generate over $400,000 profit in around 12 months ... and he is doing this part-time!

Matt will show you the ‘nuts and bolts’, the ‘tricks and traps‘, the ‘no-no’s’, the shortcuts ...and all the accumulated street smart strategies that he and the Reno Kings use to make money in all markets ...up, down or coasting .
One Time Only

Hi Shirley,
I'm pretty sure the person refered to in your post is one of the forum members here and his reno with pics and explanations can be viewed here in this thread

http://www.somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56927

Have a read of this first then decide if you want to have a further look.

I will tell you that he did buy extemely well to start with. The duplex was from what I understand a little ugly and unfashionable. Anyway... read the post and you'll get a better idea of what you might expect to see.

Wow !! If they're such great deals, why aren't they doing it themselves then?
Oh, could it be that they get much more $$$ from sharing their experiences?

Wow !! If they're such great deals, why aren't they doing it themselves then?
Oh, could it be that they get much more $$$ from sharing their experiences?

Step 1. Get successful.
Step 2. Tell others how you did it.

Sometimes step 2 involves a fee.

I thought it was time and money well spent.

We inspected two developments done by Matthew Cosgrove, who is featured in a recent 'Your Investment Property' magazine. It was a lead in of sorts to a more expensive course but also worthwhile as a standalone seminar, I was happy.

Helps that one of the developments is in my home suburb and I was very interested in learning a bit more about the numbers and process, can answer any specific questions if people have them.

Andrew.

Thanks Andrew I am interested in some details if you would like to share. I live in Nundah so am very keen to know where you went and what you learnt :)

Thanks heaps.

L

Thanks Andrew I am interested in some details if you would like to share. I live in Nundah so am very keen to know where you went and what you learnt :)

Thanks heaps.

L
The Nundah development was in Amelia St, near the league playing fields.

Little twists can make a big difference. A few tricks learnt.

* No neighbours can mean less setback needed for houses, two houses (not townhouses) are being built behind an existing house in Amelia St.
* Keeping the existing house can make a big difference with figures and viability of a project
* Communicate with neighbours to help with a project, sewer line had to be run through a neighbours block with the Nundah development.

I went as well, and thought it was a good value honest event. I think Matt is a very straight down to earth guy....

You have to be realistic though about how much can be conveyed in 3-4 hours. I thought they did a good job and were very open in answering all questions thrown their way.

We've signed up for the more expensive full weekend course in June, primarily for my 19yo sprog, who wants to be a builder/developer. They will go into deeper detail, but how much one can absorb is probably up to how prepared you are, and how much fire in the belly you have.

Renos and developments aren't passive property investment, and require a different mental and physical energy level. You have to be prepared to get off your a$s and you have to not be afraid of learning from inevitable mistakes.....though the idea of a course like this is to make less of them.

I know this is a very old thread but I thought I would mention that work has finally started on the Amelia st site. The house has been moved forward and I see the painters and other tradies there today working madly. I'm very keen to see what springs up in the backyard now.

I know this is a very old thread but I thought I would mention that work has finally started on the Amelia st site. The house has been moved forward and I see the painters and other tradies there today working madly. I'm very keen to see what springs up in the backyard now.
Thanks for the update, interesting it's taken this long.

Back