Disagreement with agent

I'm selling a house in WA and signed up with an agent to sell it for me. I signed a 90 day contract but we've had a few disagreements and I was wondering if it's possible to end the agreement or do I need to stay with him for the full 90 days?

I'm selling a house in WA and signed up with an agent to sell it for me. I signed a 90 day contract but we've had a few disagreements and I was wondering if it's possible to end the agreement or do I need to stay with him for the full 90 days?

I don't know WA regulations but it will depend on what was in the agreement. Has the agent done anything that you would have justification for complaint? (i.e. not met their obligations under the agreement)

Most likely you have signed an exclusive authority and will be committed to paying a certain amount of advertising costs and if the property is sold within the exclusive period, you will need to pay their commission. Basically you can't use another agent for 90 days (or you will need to pay both of their commissions).

Some agents will be happy to let you end the agreement provided you compensate them for their time.

Are you happy to take the property off the market for 90 days?

There may be an 'out' in your contract if the agent has not provided sufficient service. Read over the agreement completely.

This is a good reminder for all to remember to only sign contracts that they accept and protect their interests.

Back