Disclosing sale price

I understand that RE agents should not disclose sale price of a property until is goes unconditional, however I have found that a number of re agents do disclose sale price prior to going unconditional.

I am curious .... does this happen to you???

Cheers
MTR:)

Some disclose to a lot, some to a close circle, some don't and some give hints. In my experience more than 50% are happy to atleast give a hint when under offer but before it is unconditional.

Theres an agent in Adelaide who does my head in - refuses to give an indication of price even when sold at public auction.

Very frustrating.

Theres an agent in Adelaide who does my head in - refuses to give an indication of price even when sold at public auction.

Very frustrating.

That is strange, though once sold there are other ways of sourcing this info, though still frustrating am sure.

Some disclose to a lot, some to a close circle, some don't and some give hints. In my experience more than 50% are happy to atleast give a hint when under offer but before it is unconditional.

Not ethical and I don't think its legal?? to disclose sold price prior to settlement, the agent should be working for the seller, what if the deal falls over.
I would certainly not want to be using one of these agents when selling.

Not ethical and I don't think its legal?? to disclose sold price prior to settlement, the agent should be working for the seller, what if the deal falls over.

Wherever did you get this idea from :rolleyes: ;)

I understand that RE agents should not disclose sale price of a property until is goes unconditional, however I have found that a number of re agents do disclose sale price prior to going unconditional.

I am curious .... does this happen to you???

Cheers
MTR:)

So far I've never been able to find out it or had experience where mine has been let out of the bag.
The closest I've come is 'over asking price', 'more than your offer'

Yes, unethical and illegal. But talk, talk and talk; and can get the hint. I will never use a number of agents for this reason.

Got me thinking, a block of land across the road from us has been sold. It has never had a house built on it and the asking price in the local paper was $290,000.

There has been a "SOLD" sticker on the board out the front for a couple weeks now, how can I find out how much it sold for? Just ring the advertising agent and straight out ask?

Definitely not illegal in the PSBA NSW. It may breach a confidentiality agreement if you inserted a clause into the agency agreement but that's a civil matter.

Yes has happened to me.
Putting an offer on a property and giving the reason for the price. Re agent says I sold one around the corner last week for x that is too low. I check the comparable and it only went under offer last week not settled.

I'm sure in WA it is not allowed to disclose price until it goes unconditional

I had an agent tell me what the offer was before it was even finalised. The buyer/seller were still negotiating over the last $1500 so the contract was going back and forth. Luckily for that buyer, we weren't interested or we could easily have offered $1000 extra than him and snatched it from under his nose.

Back