Discrimination - I was disgusted

Erik,

If you were my PM I'd be a little concerned how you seem to be wasting a whole lot of time on absolutely nothing and not finding me tenants...

Appreciate your willingness to fight for justice but really its one man asking another man a question to ensure he gets the right tenants in for his client.

If it sounded like discrimination - I'm sure he didn't mean it to come out that way.

i don't have a problem with the question, who wants a property that stinks so is then hard to rent or sell?

Asking the question is just using probability not racism.

Three years ago 2 identical townhouses were built by a developer in melb they leased for 12 months then auctioned. The first one had three bidders and sold for $675k the second one not one bid and passed in on a vendor bid for $550k.

Only difference was the second place had Indian tenants who didn't air the place at all after cooking. People would take one step inside and then turn around.

Developer had to leave place empty while he strip all the walls and re-painted and eventually sold in the low $600's, he just couldn't get rid of the smell.

A good agent would ask the question and if the answer was favorably and they were the best tenant then they should get the property, if not I would not want them in my property.

Wouldn't the discrimination be towards those that have smelly kitchens, rather than Pakistanis?

The agent had obvioulsy considered them as tenants, as long as they didn't leave behind a smell. In my book, that makes being Pakistani not the issue.

Well, that's how I see it when Pakistani's (and a lot of other nationalities that cook yummy food) cook spicy aromatic food.

Naturally agents have to take care how they word things, because they could be misinterpreted, but seriously, similar questioning could apply to the single, the young, a group of men/women/people, the unemployed, students, Indian students (who often sublet to many, in which case I'd ask, "how many lived in the house that weren't on the original lease"), etc.

Last edited:
My status is slipping? State who you are, who you work for, and your business credentials, and we can then see if you're in a position to judge the validity of my status.

You have tenants worth "billions" of dollars? You're having a laugh, chief.

Again, qualify yourself by providing your agency information and webpage, and we can then talk more.

i think he owns a shopping centre.

anyway - why you getting so uptight. valid questions and answers. no personal attacks mate.

you seem like you want to save the whales or something like those greenpeace boats.

the original question wasnt discriminatory...
it was referencing stereotypes.

There is a reason why stereotypes exist. ignore them and history and see where you may end up... sometimes you are fine, sometimes you are doomed to repeat history.

you have made a mountain out of a molehill.

BTW
you lost any credibility when you questioned Dazz about his clients, a quick search would have shown you your squeaky mouse status to his lion.

Lions dont care about mice. They do eat them though.
have a good day to every chief reading

hehehe - you're a funny guy...happy to play your game, I'll go first shall I ??

State who you are

I'm Dazza, formerly known as Dazzling, AKA Dazz Dazz, AKA Dazz, AKA TPFKAD.

who you work for

I work for Dazz Dazz

your business credentials

I'm retired.

I have no business.

I have no credentials.

How's my position so far ??

You have tenants worth "billions" of dollars?

Maaaate, they're lining up at the door. Gina's a bit behind in her rent, but I gave her what for last week, she's now 2 weeks in front. Clive Palmer up in Qld needs to trim that back hedge a bit more, I gave him notice last week about the catflap that squeaks on the back door heading out to the patio.

qualify yourself by providing your agency information

I have no agency unfortunately.....somehow I seem to survive without one.

and webpage

...once again you've got me chief.....no webpage, not linked in, no tweets or twitting. I've got a face, albeit very ugly, and a book, but unfortunately no facebook. Off the grid and stuck back in the 50's.

I give in - you have a website - you win.

You are indeed a rental guru. Humble apologies. Now, let's get back to the coriander and the nutmeg and the paprika. Fascinating stuff !!!

Last edited:
100% incorrect.

Asking a question with reference of ethnicity or race, which can be conscrued to influence the outcome, is seen in the eye of the law as discrimination.

You cannot base a decision on race, marital status, sexuality - if a question even verges on mentioning the above, then it is discrimination.

You're obviously the expert so I must be wrong. Just don't be surprised if a court has a different view...

BTW, I thought they asked whether the kitchen smelled?

Any assertion that "race = specific outcome or behaviour", or similarly, "sex", or "marital status", or "age" or anything else for that matter, is discriminatory and is not acceptable.

People deserve to be treated with respect (or even disdain) based on their own personal actions, not based on assumptions about them because of their skin colour, ethnicity, sex, marital status, etc.

I'm not sure this thread is going to achieve much more than already stated, so I'm going to close it now.

Back