do I pay a initial leasing fee if I found the tenant and approachd pm to manage

As above.

I bought a house and my incoming tenant is known to me. I have approached a real estate to manage it and they want half a week for initial leasing fee when all they are initially doing is drawing up the agreement. There are other regular charges such as processing the document which I am fine with.

Please advise ss!!!

Half a week is reasonable if they are processing the application, drawing up the lease agreement, lodging the bond and doing a thorough condition report, plus there's a few other administration bits and pieces.

The condition report is what takes the most time.

Of course this is dependant on the price of the property as well, if it's a high end property, then you may expect to pay less than half a week.

Half a week is reasonable if they are processing the application, drawing up the lease agreement, lodging the bond and doing a thorough condition report, plus there's a few other administration bits and pieces.

The condition report is what takes the most time.

Of course this is dependant on the price of the property as well, if it's a high end property, then you may expect to pay less than half a week.

thank you for your responses LS and Jamie M

those other fees you mentioned are already listed in the agreement as separate items i am to pay the agency

thank you for your responses LS and Jamie M

those other fees you mentioned are already listed in the agreement as separate items i am to pay the agency

Oh, in that case it may not be reasonable. Especially if they haven't advertised at all.

The leasing fee I charge is inclusive of everything, so I would offer a discount only.

As above.

I bought a house and my incoming tenant is known to me. I have approached a real estate to manage it and they want half a week for initial leasing fee when all they are initially doing is drawing up the agreement. There are other regular charges such as processing the document which I am fine with.

Please advise ss!!!

The terms of any contract are negotiable. Maybe put the tenant in first and then appoint the agent.

Bargain hard as you have done most of the initial leg work!

I found a tenant and arranged my current PM to organise the lease for just $33 to cover their time.
Only a small place but I have other IP's that the PM manages.

Never hurts to ask for a discount.........:)

Back