Do you pay rates on vacant land?

When is the next round of VG values due? You will be best served to lodged an objection to the valuation if it is nowhere near what you paid. You may even get the previous values reviewed as well.

When is the next round of VG values due? You will be best served to lodged an objection to the valuation if it is nowhere near what you paid. You may even get the previous values reviewed as well.

after lots of
"i dunnos"
"its automatically generated"

I finally got someone to actually look at it,

she inititally said "yar yar yar its high, we all know its high, hang on a sec"

turns out they due to settlement, they had incorrectly bundled 2 rate installments into 1 PLUS dbl charged me teh waste manageemntt fee

so after apologising prorefusely they are sending me another one which is $1200pa!

so much happy result here!

thank you everyone for your contributions, i am now 1 micron wiser

I'm just paying what they ask for.

sometimes easier - I learnt my lesson when I argued over a block being incorrectly charged as improved. they finally conceded that it was vacant and i got a revised bill... upwards. when i went back to them they said they had re-assessed the rates valuation on that property. can't win some times

Some council will allow you not to pay their garabage levy so you may want to look into that.

You may not have to pay for disposal costs (a bit of a discount) but you still pay a fee for the availability ie the garbos go past your property so you pay. Just like paying water/sewerage availability charges when you don't even have a tap on the property.

Back