Does anyone else here enjoy Tax time?

Does anyone else here enjoy Tax time? Or am I the only one? :)

I love knowing that there is a nice return waiting for me, even if it is just going towards paying off that bad debt I wracked up during the year. I know that some people on here adjust their tax during the year, but I like to get a lump sum at Tax Time, it's a bit like having Christmas in July. :D

Biggles and I spent the afternoon of Sunday 1st July putting the finishing touches on our 2012 returns. They were lodged on the first working day of the new financial year.
Yeah, we love tax time. Maybe a little too much :)
I do an ITWV, but understate it so I get a handy return at tax time as well as the cash flow benefit throughout the year.
EOFY rocks!!

I like getting the refund ... I hate having to wait 4-6 weeks for the dribs and drabs to filter in so I can put it all together ... oh ... also hate having to input the data in MYOB for the business and SMSF.

Why do they make a system (MYOB) that is soooooo complicated for non-bookkeeping types like myself - and yet there is nothing better either?

I'm hanging onto Property Manager Pro for my rentals as long as possible. It is so easy and logical!

Its fun because I am organised!

Refund time is always good!

And this year, I have submitted to my accountant 2 days ago! A first :)

Of course, its all being earmarked to reduce debt, so no shopping...

BTW - how long before the anti-negative gearing acolytes emerge on this one?

I hate doing it I usually put it off but I have to do my financials quickly this year for loan purposes. Hate paying my tax ;)

id rather get the money back each week rather than 1 big refund not that i get a big refund and not have to do tax

Currently enjoying it. :mad:
Just realised that I'm missing 3 months of ANZ online banking downloads.. whoops. No I need to read the actual statements!

Does anyone know where "Reportable employer superannuation contributions" go in the e-tax?

Love tax time.

Wife and I looking forward to paying about 20k tax.

No idea why anyone would look forward to a tax refund.
:confused:

I don't look forward to it any more.

Now have to prepare returns for Oz, Ireland and US. The Oz return alone costs some 10k to prepare, thankfully, my company pays for it.

I must admit though with all this cash coming in from different sources around the world including dividends, interest income, rental income, PAYG income, depreciation, stock option gains, capital gains, restricted stock unit sales - it's a GREAT problem to have:)

I look forward to it as well for some strange reason. I seem to pick and choose whether to use an accountant or do it myself. Last two years I used an accountant, this year I'm doing it myself, few years prior to using an accountant I did it myself.

The refund (usually) helps as well!

Back