Does anyone "play" with old motorbikes?

Morning all,

Just seeing if anyone on here plays around with vintage motorcycles.

I brought a D3 BSA Bantam ('56) back with me from the UK last year and have since picked up 2 BSA C15's ('54 and '56) and a Francis Barnett Falcon ('47-48?).

I'm just having trouble sourcing a few little(ish) parts and none ever seem to surface on Ebay and even Google isn't a great help. I have the Bantam gear sorted - Ozbantam is great to deal with, it is mainly the C15 stuff and FB gear I'm stuck sourcing.

Are there any Aust. forums you go to? - I can't justify spending an arm and leg on postage from the UK?
Or do you have a local shop with a heap of old spares in your neck of the woods... Or do you know of anyone with an old clunker in their shed they may sell for spares?

I'm located in Brissie, but travel up to CQ (Mackay/Rocky) and Toowoomba/Dalby pretty regularly.
Thanks in advance.

Hi Ic,

You could possibly try Haigslea Motorbike museum between ipswich and towoomba... they may be able to get you some contacts...

The other is that i know a few of the guys that have the older motorbikes go to the motorbike swap and sells that occur once a month or every couple of months around brissy. Start chatting and im sure someone will be able to point you in the right direction.

Rowena

My ex BIL had a shed full of Vincents in different stages of restoration.Now they would have been a good investment.

Ive got a little collection of old Honda Z50's, I love em.

Mint Original Stocker

Rusty Stocker, 10'' alloys

And my roadbike. Done an awesome ride thru Murwillumbah last year

And the tractor..

Also into jap sportsbikes

Thanks everyone for the great replies, I really appreciate your time and knowledge!!

AlmostBob and equitymate, thanks for those links - I've got the 3 of them open now and they look like they'll be perfect! I'll have to pop a pic of my bikes up as well - the FB is completely restored and the BSA's are in original unrestored condition. I think I may change these over to 12v, just to have a bit more reliability.

Jim1964 - I'm almost able to justify buying these as an investment. I've seen some of the prices these are going for online and overseas, so long-term they might do ok. In the meantime I'll enjoy working on them and going on the odd ride around the neighbourhood.

slumpMunkey, love the Z50's! My next door neighbour had one of these 20 years ago. I was on a RM80 in those days. Might go back to Jap bikes again one day; the other 2 wheeled toy in my shed is Italian.

RPI, my fiancee has plans of starting the young family mode off in the next year or two; I'd imagine that time and energy will be limited once that kicks off! :)

Rowena, I'd seen the signs to the Haigslea museum on the way up the Toowoomba, but have never ventured in - will have to make it a priority once I have a weekend spare! It looks as if I've just missed a swap sale out there last weekend (mentioned on the BMH trading website) - good timing as always!

Thanks once again everyone for all of the help!

having a sticky beek on gumtree today and came across some parts i recognised in a few photos from a seller..

Turns out the remains of one of my mates stolen Honda's ended up in a property in wonderfull blackett!. sorry to the landlord who had his door kicked down by the good men of Mt Druitt police

and yep he's free and no we have no bike..

:mad:

Mr Angel suggests another source would be old Don Newell at Everton Park. I believe he has a website. Look up Don Newell Bultaco. He knows everything English Classic bikes and has a zillion parts under his house. If a part isnt buyable, he will be able to make it for you.

Back