doors

anyone know where i can find a good price on doors, external and internal?

also on a glass sliding door?

i'm in melbourne btw

thanks

clearance auctions - i'm sure they have some in melbourne. the one in nearby maitland always has lots of brand new internal and external doors, going from $5+ ea (if at all). highest i saw was for a very nice, solid timber and windowed external door going for $40.

bunnings did not have what i wanted. they could order something in, but it could take up to 8-10 weeks.

clearance centres? never heard of them. how do you find them?

thanks

don't know about clearance centres (perhaps try yellow pages online) but auctions are advertised under auctions in the local paper ...

i've bought doors from The Door Store in Moorabbin much cheaper than anywhere else i tried. also will make doors to size v reasonable price. Bit of a hike depending where you are, but i found it worthwhile and have recommended to others who also have had good result. also, actually supplied custom doors for me on time, and delivered when they said - ahh who said service is dead?

thanks firstmillion, the auction sites are fascinating!

katlin, moorabin is only 30 minutes or so from my house. i will go and have a look there.

thanks!

Not sure if Hume Doors Co are in Victoria too.

But make sure you find all the details.

Solid timber are not as bad, aluminium bit expensive and prone to corrosion in close to ocean areas.

Melamine (small particle - not sure if I got the name right) doors need to meet some conditions:
Sun cannot shine directly on them
Doors need to have about 2-m awnings and preferably not facing South.

Back