Dr Stanley's research - do you agree ??

Do those characteristics described above slot in with your mental image of how a millionaire thinks and therefore acts ??

Yes.....but apart from the net worth, those characteristics slot in with the majority of reasonably intelligent middle class people I know. So emulating those characteristics won't necessarily make you a multi-millionaire.

I found it useful....it's not often you get an insight into the collective details of over 700 millionaires....some who are extremely wealthy.

The nitty-gritty is once again missing however. Now there's a good slant to a book title. ;)

Thanks Daz, really enjoyed that, and I hope I never buy a really flashy car - I am much more interested in time.

Having been ill for the last 2 months I also have had your tag bouncing around in my head a fair bit lately too.

Do those characteristics described above slot in with your mental image of how a millionaire thinks and therefore acts ??

It was interesting about the cost of the cars they drive.

I know that there are millionaires out there driving around in obscenely expensive cars, but from my experience most of the ones I've met drive more modest cars - still very good quality, but more reserved styles.

I've read "The Millionaire Next Door" by the same guys - very interesting.

My mental image NOW of what a millionaire thinks and acts is pretty much what was described, but many years ago when I was a stupid consumer I thought millionaires were all party animals and spent up on flash everything.

Don't they?

Yes, I have read this, (his), book(s). They are very interesting indeed, I propose taking the question further..only because that's what is ticking over in my mind, how, why, where did this all come from?

Dazz:

I think I am interested in people in general, not just that they are millionaires, or supposedly have the mindset? of a millionaire?

Why is it that they do think the way they do?

I am interested as to how this evolves...it kind of bubbles and simmers and keeps cropping up, anyway, I've been doing some ratting around cyberspace after Rob William's mindset post over in the renting thread and it lead me back to this thread.

I found this:

http://www.randomhouse.com/catalog/display.pperl/9781400062751.html

Mindset...by Carol Dweck

Oops, I'm unable to put up the excerpts, however the links take you there and can be read on the site.

http://www.randomhouse.com/catalog/display.pperl/display.pperl?isbn=9781400062751&view=excerpt

I think I've just found myself another book to delve into...:)

Back