Draft Blacktown Re Zoning - Anyone else's property impacted?

As per proposed BLEP, unfortunately my one was rezoned from low density to recreational area (RE1).

I was planning to sell it in a few months time and now it's nearly impossible, due to uncertainty created as a result of this draft rezoning. Just wondering if anyone else on this forum is on the same situation as mine? :mad:

What is it currently used for?

You can make a submission during the exhibition period to outline why you feel the zoning should not be changed.

It was my principle residence and it's currently rented out. The whole street is affected by this zoning so I'm not sure if my objection will have any impact.

You will have existing use rights to continue to use it as a residence etc.

Sounds like an odd decision unless council is intending to acquire it.

Town house development in Quakers Hill NSW

I have 2 X quarter acre property's next to each other, stone throw from Quakers hill railway station. I am in middle of getting a plan drawn up for 8 town houses and planing to lodge the DA with the council before the rules change.
When I spoke to the Blacktown Council I was informed that the council does not have the resources to carry out research in all the suburbs that have a railway station. She said in future when they have the resources they may carry out study and amend zoning as required. :confused:

I have 2 X quarter acre property's next to each other, stone throw from Quakers hill railway station. I am in middle of getting a plan drawn up for 8 town houses and planing to lodge the DA with the council before the rules change.
When I spoke to the Blacktown Council I was informed that the council does not have the resources to carry out research in all the suburbs that have a railway station. She said in future when they have the resources they may carry out study and amend zoning as required. :confused:

Yep - you can go through the gateway process and do a site/area specific rezoning to push it through quicker as well. You will have to pay extra though...

Back