Draftsman recommendations Eltham, NE suburbs Melbourne

Hello all

We are about to launch into a renovation and would really like to use a draftsman that at least someone else has had a good experience with.

There are so many options and potential headaches out there it is really hard to know who is good or not!

Is there a difference between a design draftsman and a draftsman???

Thankyou so much for you help, much appreciated

Hi Kitkat,
Does it need to be local?
We live / built in Bonbeach, but used a draftsman living in Caroline Springs. Long way off, but it was only a couple of visits.
(This followed a horrible experience with a "designer" in the CBD, that we won't go into)
good luck

no not at all, as long as they are happy with travel.

I really want to avoid those disasters!

I'd appreciate his/her details if you could PM me!

thanks

Hello all

We are about to launch into a renovation and would really like to use a draftsman that at least someone else has had a good experience with.

There are so many options and potential headaches out there it is really hard to know who is good or not!

Is there a difference between a design draftsman and a draftsman???

Thankyou so much for you help, much appreciated

Generally speaking your renovation could be handled by either a draftsperson or an architect. The difference is to do with education, qualifications and scope of services (and some might suggest cost!). Any qualified draftsperson should be able to complete the documentaion for you. An architect can also be engaged to manage the construction of the project. Expect to pay around 10% of the project costs for an architectural service, and perhaps 5% (or thereabouts) for a draftsperson.

im a draftsman located in wallan, not too far from eltham

pm me if your interested in discussing your job with me

thanks

Back