Drainage easement at rear south - can this land be subdivided

Hi all :

I am just wondering whether this property can be subdivided in future to allow 2 two bedroom unit.

The total land size is 682 sq.m. and there is a drainage easement at the rear south boundary. I have also attached an image of the land.

Is that easement a big problem/ show stopper in future if I want to subdivide the land and make 2 units on the land ?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Cheers!

Attachments

• plot.png
    plot.png
    44.2 KB · Views: 123
sewerage line

In SA any infrastructure belonging to SA water for sewerage needs to be clear of permanant structures for 1.5m either side, so you just wont be able to build right up to the rear boundary. For a standard subdivision (1 lot into 2with the block cut strait down the middle) this doesn't look to be a problem as your private open space would be at the rear anyway (presubabally).

Generally, You will not be able to erect or place any building, fence or structure etc over the easement, without consent from the regulatory body i.e. Yarra Valley Water or whoever handles this in your area. It will also be important to ensure they would be able to gain easy access to this area if they are required to do any maintenance or work.

You can contact the local water company and they can provide further details on the encumbrance and if there are any other conditions that need to be adhered to.

It's location should not have an impact on future development/subdivision as long as the above is adhered to.

Most likley not if it is only in the back corner. You will need to be a certain distance away from it pending governing body, depth of sewer, fall and maybe some other things.

But they may also require you to concrete encase the sewer if you encroasch to close to it. Pending the way the units are built as long as it is not built over its not a huge issue.

Back