Drambuie

Yes (but mixed into other drinks only)...:)

My favorite, (from Scotland) concoction:

Warm Woolly Sheep

Ingredients:
1 measure Scotch whiskey
1 1/2 measure Drambuie
Fill with warm Milk (cow but you can try sheep milk)
Mix Scotch and Drambuie, top with warm milk.

Drink by fireside in the highlands

Make sure you watch the video on the above site. Shows some ideas on how the experts drink it ...
That front bar looks like the last time i was in the Nimbin Hotel,they have a drink down there in NTH NSW called a 'depth-charge' half Drambuie half Coopers pale ale ,good way to spend:rolleyes: an afternoon..willair..

That takes me back. In my bartending days in the 80s, a Depth Charge was a schooner of beer with a Drambuie in a shot class lowered into the beer - like a depth charge.
They were very popular with the local footballers until one of them sculled his beer forgetting that there was a shot glass in the bottom. There were a few tense moments when it looked like the thing may have been lodged in his throat. His mates thought it was pretty funny. I was on the phone to the ambos when he managed to cough it out. I think the captain (Wayne Pearce) banned the boys from having Depth Charges any more.
Ah, those were the days. Very funny times were had running that bar.

Love the Dram !!!!!
Should only EVER be drunk straight, don't spoil it by mixing anything with it but if you aboslutely must, then 50/50 Dram & Scotch. But seeing as I'm from Ayrshire in Scotland, I'm probably a bit bias.:D
JIM

Drambui, yum!!

Must be sipped from one of those teeny tiny liquor glasses. Often seems to put in an appearance at our place around Christmas:)

Drambuie is for wakes,
Sit around a fire and pass several bottles to fill tiny glasses till the drambuie, the fire, and the sad are all talked away.

Love the Dram !!!!!
Should only EVER be drunk straight, don't spoil it by mixing anything with it but if you aboslutely must, then 50/50 Dram & Scotch. But seeing as I'm from Ayrshire in Scotland, I'm probably a bit bias.:D
JIM
Try Lochan Ora. It is smoother in my opine, and being a Paisley lad I am also a bit biased.:D

I think the captain (Wayne Pearce) banned the boys from having Depth Charges any more.
Wayne wouldn't have been drinking them himself tough, being a tee-totaler. Reminds me of the crazy days we used to order a round of beers & a round of "mystery drinks" from the bar. Everyone had to drink whatever one was put in front of them! Glad I have matured a little since then:D
Steve

I'm not much of a drinker but i love Drambueigh. Scottish grandfather so grew up with it. Benadictine is similar but i like the slightly more coarse earthy residual bite of a 'Wee drop of Dram'

Back