Dual occupancy -help please

Hi,
I'm just wondering about the possiblitiy of a second floor would rent seperately in a house (Area bigger than a granny flat).

1.seperate water meter: I got this one I guess. we can have a seperate meter which could be take care by PM.
2. seperate electricity meter: I gathered from the forumn that we can have two meters installed and get PM to sort out the bills.
3. seperate bin
4. seperate house number

what about the others? Has anyone done something similar?

Thank you,
jlk

You might have some issues since it is in the same building. Does it have its own kitchen? Its own entry? Firewall between the two? Tenants may not be able to get house insurance.

I've lived in a house like this and it was simply a sublet. Same house number, shared bin, electricity/water rolled into the rent. The owner lived upstairs and was also subletting several other rooms - I was at uni and unsurprisingly this house was close to the uni.

Check with council what you need to do.

Dual Occupancy

Hiya

Would not do it personally; if U want to do it, may have to factor in higher turnover of tenants and that for me is a turn off:mad:

Thanks every one for the advice and opinions. This property is close to a uni.. There's a space upstairs for a small pantry but I'd not go ahead with that since I'm not living there. It'll be a mess with tenants.

Back