Dubai Tax Free J0b - but wouldn't I have to pay ATO Tax?

Hi

I work in IT and have been offered a job in Dubai.

Has anyone worked there recently - could you give me an idea what Dubai is like?

Hi,
We recently arrived from Dubai after spending over 15 years there. ok place provided you're being paid very well. Be very careful choosing your employer - non payment of salaries is not unknown especially if you'r working for a small company or in the construction industry. If you want to bounce some names off mt then I'd be happy to offer some advice.

remember that any income not declared (and tax paid upon) in Australia can't be used to calculate serviceability here, either.

so heading overseas on $250k a year as a non-resident means no bank will look at your last $500k income across 2 years as a "private contractor".

pay the tax here though through your still-current ABN, and it's all good.

same goes for income quarantined overseas as part of international tax agreements - like CF+ USA property .... quarantined = quarantined, basically if you don't pay tax on it, you can't claim the serviceability.

i wonder if that's a cartel system via the RBA and ATO? i wonder.

I worked in Dubai for 2 years as a private contractor on $150k. After moving back to Australia within 3 months I obtained a standard IP $300k loan with ANZ despite have 0 income on my tax return for the previous 2 years. Just showed them 6 months work of Dubai payslips and 3 months payslips of Aussie job plus 10% deposit. It can be done!

Back