Early Access Clauses

Ok, for some of the legal experts here,

just want some clarifications, in QLD

have a bit of a problem settlement going on but thats a separate issue

Early access clause for renovations was inserted originally, however, a new special conditions replaced it, however the early access clause has disappeared,

vendor also gave me the verbal ok to enter, for renos, and released the keys to me

my soliciotor says, it makes no difference to the contract (ie they cant terminate it based on that) or use it against me, unless it was specifically written (no early access what soever or early access only to get quotes etc)

Can anybody clarify this?
as In other states, you can get into trouble for working on it early without written permission, even if you turn a dump into a castle

Ok, for some of the legal experts here,

just want some clarifications, in QLD

have a bit of a problem settlement going on but thats a separate issue

Early access clause for renovations was inserted originally, however, a new special conditions replaced it, however the early access clause has disappeared,

vendor also gave me the verbal ok to enter, for renos, and released the keys to me

my soliciotor says, it makes no difference to the contract (ie they cant terminate it based on that) or use it against me, unless it was specifically written (no early access what soever or early access only to get quotes etc)

Can anybody clarify this?
as In other states, you can get into trouble for working on it early without written permission, even if you turn a dump into a castle

If it is not in the contract then you can not generally rely on it. Have a thorough read of the contract and see if you agreed that this contract contains all the terms of the agreements and any other promises etc are not to be relied upon.

If it is not in the contract then you can not generally rely on it. Have a thorough read of the contract and see if you agreed that this contract contains all the terms of the agreements and any other promises etc are not to be relied upon.

I agree, if its not written down, then its not enforceable,

however, I have been given physical access via the keys which indicates consent, and there has been no verbal or written request/condition that early access is for XYZ purpose only

So completely hypothetically, If i am selling my dump of a house, the new owners do lots of work to it, and am I able to sue/terminate the contract for altering it without my written consent?

Last edited:
Back