Early bird...

What are views of this property:
http://www.realestate.com.au/property-townhouse-qld-carina+heights-115778847

I really like it/similar properties and would want to get in early ( before the competition does, and they will quite soon)- but the price for this seems a tad high. Dunno how much land is on offer?
Still it fits the purpose- looking to hold for 7 years or so, perhaps do some light value adding stuff to it as well. Not looking to rent, to live in yes. Convenience and closeness to CBD [ without going for CBD apartments] is what I am looking for.

What are views of this property:
http://www.realestate.com.au/property-townhouse-qld-carina+heights-115778847

I really like it/similar properties and would want to get in early ( before the competition does, and they will quite soon)- but the price for this seems a tad high. Dunno how much land is on offer?
Still it fits the purpose- looking to hold for 7 years or so, perhaps do some light value adding stuff to it as well. Not looking to rent, to live in yes. Convenience and closeness to CBD [ without going for CBD apartments] is what I am looking for.

I agree and disagree...

sure there may be less competition just around the corner from the NY break, but there is also less to choose from as more listing will come on market later in Jan/early feb. so your perceived advantage of getting in before the competition may or may not pay off...

As for the property, and comparing it only to other same asset class [townhouses] in/around that area, I think its quite good [ purely based on the ad of course]. The suburb is great, is certainly convenient with numerous bus lines running to the city and UQ campus. Its close to the city as well. Low crime and no floods. Good facilities around there such as healthcare, schools, shopping etc.

The main advantage of this townhouse is probably the free standing nature of it and I suspect that this in turn means it has more land. Cant be for sure as it is not specified in the ad however.
Overall, id say its worth the price they are asking- id guess it has a bit more land than conventional townhouses, newer, and like for like in that area are not cheap to begin with [ perhaps a bit less but they would also likely have less land].

Back