Early Term Charge inconvenience

Went to the bank all happy that my reax refund cleaered - earlier on the net I paid out my credit card to zero and was about to pay nout my mortgage on my ppor to the same.

$504 was the blacne, so the teller told me to go tot he customer service desk and they woudl have to wok the payout figure.

After serving someone lese for 15 minutes or so, a lady looks up my account and makes the phone call to whoever to get the magicla payout figure...

$1204 !

What $700 ? The manager came up and piped in explaining obviously it's built up intrest that hasnt been charged, on $500 I ask ? ...

ETC.. I sy I've had a mthis mortgage since '99.. No, when I rfinanced for my car in 07, I signed a 'new one'.. of course i did... This ages off in March next year.

So what do i do now ? reuduce my rpayments to $38 / ftnight till mid March ? Will they let me take a repayment holiday until March ?

Manager told me he has no discretion over thise (of ourcse, it's $700 it shoud be over th edeleagation level of a Branch Manager :confused: but anyway, departments and policies and all that) But he will reuqest they waive the fee and I'll know in a couple of days.

I was looking forward to paying out a mortgage today, having one less regular "bill" etc, and enjoying a nice lunch beofre I went back to work. Jsut

Idiots...

AS I'm not going to be at work tomorrow, Mon & Tues, I wont find out if the branch manger got my fee waived or not til Wed next week.

Wed next week, my next repyment of $258 is due.

So I rang up tody ot conf8irm the date the ETC woudl expire, hoping to arrange either no repayemetns or very low repayments until then.

Apparently now, the ETC's appy till September 201111

Yesterday, a brach manger confirmed they apply til March 2011 only.

Does ANYONE actually know what goes on in the world the operate in or what ?!?!

.. well appraently they do aknow what's going on. Branach manger insists he "never said that" (quote unquote)

now changed my repayments to $4/mth and wil l pay out the loan next year.

What a waste of time...

i love the run around they try to get you with in order just to get you to give up and pay it.

i also love sitting there with a blank face while i obviously expect them to do said run around while i sit in their office and wait for the fees back.

Back