Easiest/cheapest way to install built in Wardrobes

Does anyone have any ideas on building wardrobes?

We purchased a ready made melamine w/robe from Amart a while ago, about 1200 wide. We were thinking about trimming the skirting board and attaching it to the wall, then building above it with melamine and then attaching a skiriting to the bottom of it.

This may look ok for the smaller bedroom, but not so good for the big one.

Does anyone have any quick easy ideas for a bigger one? I thought about building it from scratch out of melamine, but this is more hassle than its worth.

Someone said to me that Amart also make modular wardrobes that you make built in, ie flat packs which purpose are to be built ins. I havnt had an answer ont his yet, but does anyone here know if thats true?

Dynamite,

I recently had a wardrobe installed in a bedroom in one of my apartments. It was 1700mm wide so had 2 sliding mirror doors, double hanging space and shelves internally, and pelmet to take it to the ceiling. They also matched the existing cornice around the top so it looks like it has always been in the room. They came and measured up for free and when I accepted were back within a week and installed it in about 2 hours. Excellent stuff. All for just $660. It just wasn't worth my time or the hassle of doing it myself for that kind of money.

I used Complete Wardrobes in Waterloo, Sydney on 9545 0555. You don't say where you are from but I hope this helps.

thanks owen, Im in bris.

Thats a fairly good price considering material.

To make something equivalent costs me around $330 in material. Would you believe 70% off that is in the doors and tracks?

Bunnings now sell the tracks and have alaways had the doors, but the quality may not be the same as the ones I have priced.

The thing is if you can buy it in flat pack for the same price, Im doing the flat pack.

Dynamite

Another option is to draw up your design and then approach a kitchen manufacturer an have them supply/cut and edge the shelving etc and then you can just put it together. Like a flat pack but tailor-made.

Darryl

Back