Ebay Ad, What a Doozy!

Ful marks to ANYONE who can figure out what in living hell this is:

EBAY AD

Description (revised) Seller assumes all responsibility for listing this item.

(previous ebay advertisment revised completely, people wanted to invest a big amount, and at the time i could only let them invest up to 100,000 AU, but the minimum^&^ is now obviously 75,000 AU, i have now paid a bit more premium, and i have increased the letter of guarantee to at least a total asset return of 450,000 AU, as stated below)

(escrow is accepted, so you must tell me if you want to use escrow, i will pay all escrow fees, if you decide to pay this way)

nb: i have also changed the the category from business to real estate because it is a borderline between business and real estate, type of sale,

^&^ if you are the only one that bids on this advertisment, and the amount is 'too small', i.e. you wanted to invest more than the amount you bided, we can change it to the amount you wanted to invest, up to the safe amount, but you must invest at least the amount you bided,

this advertisment is private for your protection, if you think the advantages out weigh the costs, you may ask me to put the advertisment as a public one,

___________________________________________________________________________________________

THIS SECTION BELOW, IN BETWEEN THE LINES, IS MOST IMPORTANT, IT IS THE INVESTMENT SUMMARY SHEET

total risk is low, both UCCB& (a major Hong Kong bank, who made the letter of guarantee), and Positive Finance (NSW) Pty Ltd (the legal representative), have endorsed the letter of guarantee

& if you would like the financials and other full details, i can get them for you, but basically UCCB made 6 billion Hong Kong Dollar, After tax, for the half year ended 31/12/2003 (that is equal to about 1 billion Australian Dollar, after tax)

reason it is a real estate, or 'realty' tool: it can be used to obtain funds from other sources i.e. lenders, at a potentially cheaper rate of interest, and it can also be used so that anyone can have it and legally make interest for themselves, because it is a secured investment,

nb: if that is what you were going to buy the real estate for, then this is perfect for you, because you know exactly what you are going to get in profit, all interest rates are negotiable, except for the two year rate, which can not be changed, but all rates are at least double than nearly all other types of investments, for this time period, '...of a maximum of two years', and more importantly for this minimal risk investment,

ebay contract: this advertisment, is just so that you have the privilege to buy my special investment tool, this tool used to be widely used by investor to obtain funds from anyone interested, but it is almost rare to see one now, but it is still legal now obviously, you will not find a deal like this for a while,

benefits: since risk is low, but the need for myself to obtain the funds is high, this means we will give you a 'high' interest rate, it is very high interest compared to the risk because you can not lose your capital, and profit, due to a major Hong Kong bank that has over 6 billion Au in net assets, and has over 120 billion Au in total assets , (this is using a conservative exchange rate, it may be worth more than that, in Australian Dollars)

costs: since risks are also low overall, costs are low too, except, you can only negotiate a maximum interest rate, in theory, with normal real estate, i.e. a property investment, the risk is higher, but there is a potential to receive a higher return%%%, than my investment,

%%% there is also a potential to make a loss, or not as much return, because of the higher volatility of property investments, compared to fixed rate investments,

this is either a cost or a benefit: i do not know how long you wanted to invest, but my 'realty' tool is a medium to short term investment, and generally, property is a long term investment, which depending what you are looking for is either a cost or a benefit, to you

AGAIN AS STATED BEFORE THE PART IN BETWEEN THE LINES ABOVE, IS THE INVESTMENT SUMMARY SHEET,

___________________________________________________________________________________________

due to popular demand by email, i have managed to secure a letter of guarantee* for at least 450,000 AU, so you can safely invest up to 340,000 AU, (i had to pay a higher premium, to secure this)

* this means that i am NOT breaking any safe harbour or other ebay rules, especially the part that says, "... we believe that your actions may cause financial loss or legal liability for you, our users or us (ebay)." which was stated by ebay,

that would mean that if you invested for two years at 15% per annum you would have made a little more than^*^ a total return of 440,000 AU,

^*^ real amount is 442000 Au, but that is still a profit of at least 100,000 Au, before tax, (this is for two years interest being 15% per annum), current maximum payout is 450,000 AU, but can be risen if you have to invest more than 450,000 AU, absolute maximum you can bid is 460,000 Au , and you must ask me before hand before you

PLEASE EMAIL ME FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, IF REQUIRED, Anyone^ is welcome to bid, if they can get the money in less than 30*^*^* days, from the end of the ebay ad,

^ you must have a financial license, if you wish to be a lender to my business, or if you wish to be a 'SECURED' investor you can be that too (you do not need to have a financial license if you wish to be a 'secured' investor), this is why anyone can bid, ( these are all legal and ethical reasons, i have checked with the most up to date, Australian business law books)

*^*^* this used to be 21 days, but i just found out that the reason why 'safe harbour' emailed me was because that they found out for me, that the minimum time to give anyone to invest in such a potentially big amount, is at least 28 days, which is why i have changed this to " ... 28 to 30 days ", from the end of this ad, and you must deposit at least 5,000 Au, within 10 days of the end of this advertisment, to help pay for legal, and other costs,

please click on the 'ask seller a question' button, if that doesn't work try this email, or if you haven't received a reply try this email below,

[email protected]

see appendix below for some helpful but non-detrimental information, and please email me for any other info on promissory notes and letters of guarantee,(ALL PROMISSORY NOTE AND LETTERS OF GUARANTEE ARE SIGNED AND / OR CITED BY THE APPROPRIATE AUTHORITY, I.E. 'STAMPED AND SIGNED' BY THE HIGH COURT FOR THE PROMISSORY NOTE, AND FOR THE LETTER OF GUARANTEE, CITED ON THE INTERNATIONAL MONETARY REGISTRAR)

regards

Patrick

appendix

part A what you can do with a letter of guarantee (focus on credit collateral)

" The purpose of the letter of Guarantee is the same for all, that being a guarantee of payment to a supplier.
A Payment Guarantee for example, serves as a security for the supplier should the purchaser not meet his payment obligation on a timely basis. Another type of guarantee is a Performance Bond. When a bank issues a Performance Bond, it guarantees to pay a certain sum if the seller?s contractual promise to the purchaser to make a delivery or provide a service is not met. Letters of Guarantee may also be granted for advanced payment, retention bonds, bid bonds, performance bonds, credit collateral and customs guarantees
"

part B sample letter of guarantee ( in this case it is a 'bid' letter of guarantee, but mine will be used as a 'credit collateral guarantee)

"
DATE: Date of Letter

TO: Barrett-Jackson Auction Company, LLC
3020 N Scottsdale Rd
Scottsdale, AZ 85251

RE: Bidder’s Name or Bidder’s Name & Company Name

This letter shall serve as your notification that (BANK NAME) will honor/guarantee payment of any check(s) written by (BIDDER NAME) up to the amount of (BIDDING LIMIT), drawn on account (ACCOUNT NUMBER), or that (BANK NAME) will honor/guarantee transfer of Funds, as instructed by (BIDDER NAME) up to the amount of (BIDDING LIMIT) the next banking day following the purchase(s).

This guarantee of check(s) apply only to the Barrett-Jackson Auction Company for all the purchase(s) made on the days of January 22-25, 2004. No stop payment will be issued. If further information is needed, please feel free to contact this office.

Sincerely,
(Bank Officer Signature)
(Bank Officer Name & Title)
(Bank Officer Telephone Number)

"

pleeease help us understand it!

asy :D

Oh, and don't suppose I need to say this, but what the hell...

DON'T INVEST IN THIS!!!

(well, unless you understand it, in which case, caveat emptor...)

asy said:
Oh, and don't suppose I need to say this, but what the hell...

DON'T INVEST IN THIS!!!

(well, unless you understand it, in which case, caveat emptor...)

I have read about people like you in books asy, and they say to stay away from people that are negative about investing.....I had my Visa card half way out of my wallet till I read your post :D

Cheers

Phil

Back