Election called - 7 Sept

What new empty promises can he deliver? PNG, Naru, Morrisset, smokers excise increases, industry, fbt on cars, export help/weaker $, bigger deficit- he's already delivered on all of these.

Suddenly, after years of telling us the minimg boom is not over and we are different to the rest of the world, Rudd "the dud" now suddenly tells us we face major economic hurdles after the end of the mining boom. They squandered the chance to ensure all australians benefitted from this golden period over the last 10 years. We missed the boat. We now have the unenviable prospect of rising defecits, rising unemployment, rising under employment, declining manufacturing, increased taxes and declining public services. Suddenly rudd can see what ever other business person in Australia has been witnessing for the past 5 years! My God...we are stuffed....It is truly horrific to think that our ecomomy is in the hands of these muppets, regardless of which party wins!

declining manufacturing!

Funny you mention this.My son is studying R&D at Uni,i was saying to him the other day how a lot of well known manufacturers here in Adelaide have now vanishes.I mentally started counting the ones i know about which are not around anymore,pretty frightening for the next generation to face,quite sad really,my view is the the next generation should live better than the present.:(

Funny you mention this.My son is studying R&D at Uni,i was saying to him the other day how a lot of well known manufacturers here in Adelaide have now vanishes.I mentally started counting the ones i know about which are not around anymore,pretty frightening for the next generation to face,quite sad really,my view is the the next generation should live better than the present.:(

True but your son is not studying to be a factory worker. Higher tech jobs will be OK.

The official ABS youth unemplyoyment rate is over 25% :eek:
http://www.aph.gov.au/About_Parliament/Parliamentary_Departments/Parliamentary_Library/pubs/MSB/15

This is disgraceful and not mentioned by the afore mentioned muppets!

Watch where this figure will be in 12 months, we collectively are in for a lot of pain :mad:

Suddenly, after years of telling us the minimg boom is not over and we are different to the rest of the world, Rudd "the dud" now suddenly tells us we face major economic hurdles after the end of the mining boom. They squandered the chance to ensure all australians benefitted from this golden period over the last 10 years. We missed the boat. We now have the unenviable prospect of rising defecits, rising unemployment, rising under employment, declining manufacturing, increased taxes and declining public services. Suddenly rudd can see what ever other business person in Australia has been witnessing for the past 5 years! My God...we are stuffed....It is truly horrific to think that our ecomomy is in the hands of these muppets, regardless of which party wins!

Yep, its a real concern, many people losing their jobs in Perth at the moment and also companies going to the wall.

Tighten the helms over the next 6 months, prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

Well said Trippy in regards to the mining boom the Government certainly didn't take advantage of those glory years and build a foundation. I believe there is pain ahead.

Well said Trippy in regards to the mining boom the Government certainly didn't take advantage of those glory years and build a foundation. I believe there is pain ahead.

They did up until 2007.

From 2007 onwards the government really did take advantage of those Glory years.

They did up until 2007.

From 2007 onwards the government really did take advantage of those Glory years.

Can you point out some of the advantages the govt undertook during this period (other than spending all the benefits on useless schemes)? The only net result I can see is rising deficits (which in time will be shown to be consertative estimates) for the next decade! The benefits we received have been spent...no benefit to the next genertaion on the back of the mining boom. A wasted once in a lifetime oppourtunity :confused:

I wonder what percentage of uni grads just walk into jobs...

Not too many i would suspect.The number of applicants would surely outweigh the number of jobs available.This is nothing really new i suppose,but with the decline in manufacturing over the last decade,the government should be hanging their heads with shame.

Can you point out some of the advantages the govt undertook during this period (other than spending all the benefits on useless schemes)? The only net result I can see is rising deficits (which in time will be shown to be consertative estimates) for the next decade! The benefits we received have been spent...no benefit to the next genertaion on the back of the mining boom. A wasted once in a lifetime oppourtunity :confused:

sarcasm_motivational_poster_by_colettebabb-d3g4g29.jpg

Something very underhanded with airing those adverts from the Australian Govt advising people smugglers.
What is the target market for these ads...?
I didn't know they lived in Australia and watch TV and read the local rags...?

Nothing but campaigning, cheating the Australian taxpayer.

They'll stop at nothing to get over the line.

I've been saying all this for at least a year...no one has believed me here.

Bring on Sept 8 - the new tomorrow.

Something very underhanded with airing those adverts from the Australian Govt advising people smugglers.
What is the target market for these ads...?
I didn't know they lived in Australia and watch TV and read the local rags...?

Nothing but campaigning, cheating the Australian taxpayer.

They'll stop at nothing to get over the line.

They don't but their relatives and friends who tell them what to do do...
So there is a justifiable logic behind it outside the obvious political motive of getting campaign adds paid for as a " government " expense

Cliff

What?

Something like this...????

And now, come Sept 8, the Libs will spend years fixing everything up. Lefties whove never run a business will whinge and complain that services are being neglected, and finally after years and years of good fiscal management, labor will get in again and spend away what we don't have.

See ya's.

They don't but their relatives and friends who tell them what to do do...
So there is a justifiable logic behind it outside the obvious political motive of getting campaign adds paid for as a " government " expense

Cliff

As I've been saying for a while. And in bogan speak so everyone can understand,....

..."So they stop sending money over to bring in all the relos".....

See ya's.

Back