Eliminating Urine Odours from Sand

willair said:
[snip]willair..
i do like cats...

willair
With or without black bean sauce?

Having been adopted by a beautiful sable Burmese, maybe I shouldn't jest.

However I strongly believe that cats should be caged between twilight and dawn.

LPlate

Thanks all for the advice.

I'm going to give that stuff a go that Rixter recommended and will excavate the worst of it.

Most of the cats are leaving next week (my housemate has 1, plus 2 that his ex dumped on him). Not much I can do about the 3 or 4 neighbourhood cats though, but the panadol is mighty tempting.

Pavers arrive today, and tomorrow I'll be getting a bunch of fill to fill in another area prior to paving. I'll dig out the area and add some fill there. It will be hard work with the limited access, but hopefully I'll only have to do it once.

Puppeteer said:
Thanks all for the advice.

I'm going to give that stuff a go that Rixter recommended and will excavate the worst of it.

Most of the cats are leaving next week (my housemate has 1, plus 2 that his ex dumped on him). Not much I can do about the 3 or 4 neighbourhood cats though, but the panadol is mighty tempting.

Pavers arrive today, and tomorrow I'll be getting a bunch of fill to fill in another area prior to paving. I'll dig out the area and add some fill there. It will be hard work with the limited access, but hopefully I'll only have to do it once.
How did you go Puppeteer?

Hi Rixter (and others)

What I ended up doing, was digging the area out. It was tedious, and very stinky, and we ended up taking a trailer load of contaminated soil to the landfill.

I soaked the area with vinegar (so cheap, so why not), and filled it with clean fill.

The cats didn't mind the vinegar smell and were back to their old habits pretty quickly (though only once). The cats have now gone and the area is paved. The smell is pretty much gone, though there's probably one more small area that I need to excavate (easier access and maybe one wheelbarrow full, rather than a trailer load).

Anyway, problem solvered.

Hehe - yeah, I tried to get the other stuff, but no-one would give me a price or order it in. I just gave up in the end, and grabbed the shovel.

It's all paved now though. It'll be one serious cat that can get back to contaminating the soil now :p

Puppeteer said:
Hehe - yeah, I tried to get the other stuff, but no-one would give me a price or order it in. I just gave up in the end, and grabbed the shovel.

It's all paved now though. It'll be one serious cat that can get back to contaminating the soil now :p

Did you give the Toll free number a ring?

I can't honestly remember. I think I found some distributors from their website, rather than the toll free number and rang around to about 3 or 4 of them. They promised that they'd call me back when they knew how long it would take to get in, and a price, but not a single phone call.

Back