Engineers slab report - Logan area

Hi, I am hoping someone can help me. I am trying to get an idea of potential issues for the certification of a downstairs reno on a highset property in Logan QLD.

We are making an offer and want to get the downstairs certified for living areas. This could turn it from a 3br into a 5br without too much cost. It already has a termite barrier, waterproofing cert for bathroom, and is almost legal height (so alternative solution is possible).

Where I can't get my head around is the slab and any possible issues there. I don't want to purchase if we won't be able to certify due to costs to make the slab compliant.

Can anyone tell me how much the engineers report costs and what kind of things they could find? Is it possible to make the contract subject to this report, then at worst we lose the cost of the report. Are these highset properties usually ok or usually not ok (or is that too hard to tell :eek:)

thanks Jus

Contracts are currently being negotiated...any engineers out there ??? :confused:

Call Jeffery Hills and associates. They do structural engineering and also building and pest reports. They were excellent with our swimming pool problems so may be able to help in your situation.
Yes you will be able to include it into your contract as a clause.
You will have to google their number . They cover Logan .

Last edited:
Back