Equity Share Lease

Hi all,
Was checking out how many properties were for rent in a area I ride through on the way to work and noticed this property for sale at http://allhomes.com.au/c/ah?a=spr&p=16071. I was wondering if anyone is familiar with the Equity Share Lease technique. Is it similar to that being floated around sharing equity with the banks, except this is a private equity sharing arrangement?

Anyway the property description on the web site reads:

Less than 1 year old - this 2 storey, 3 bedroom ensuite townhouse is located in a quiet street in Braddon, close to shops and schools, and next to Haig Park. Secure basement parking provides space for two cars, and includes storage.
Standard rent (minimum 6 month term) starts at $440 per week.

Equity Share Lease:
If you are willing to sign a 5 year lease (sub lettable after 1 year, with approval), and pay a premium over the standard rent, you will share in the equity growth of the property over that time. The owner is even willing to backdate it to when first purchasing the property ‘off the plan’. This could mean instant equity for you, the tenant.

Cheers,
G:confused:

This was an idea touted by Henry Kaye. It allowed the tenant to get say a 50% share in any future capital growth of the property, if the tenant was willing to pay a higher rent (so that the property wasnt negatively geared basically).

Not sure how successful this was/can be.

Sadly I do not expect anything marketed by a HK graduate to be remotely win-win.

Sure call me anti-HK. I prefer to think of it as a finely-tuned BS detector.

My style of wraps at least allowed people to buy homes they wanted, when they wanted and to cash me out quickly. Every one of my wrapees were happy for the experience.

Regards

Paulzag
Dreamspinner

Originally posted by Amedeo
I would hardly call my response to the question "marketing".

Pal, calm down.

Amadeo I am calm, but didn't think we were pals (yet).

Nowhere in my post does it imply YOU were marketing it. You actually said:

Originally posted by Amedeo
Not sure how successful this was/can be.[/B]

which again implies you were merely sharing information on the lease.

My point was that HK's techniques are agressive, HK has finally drawn attention of ASIC and various DFT's around the country. It is dangerous to present high risk strategies as sophisticated but simple.

HK's lease ideas have been discussed here before and I've never been able to see an angle to sell it to any but the gullable. I'll pass.

Again nowhere is this a criticism of you. Thanks for putting the original post into perspective.

Equity Lease

Hi G&K, Amedeo & Paulzag,
Great post G&K, it sort of works like that. Amedeo & Paulzag...:confused: maybe if you get your facts straight before answering G&K's question. Firstly, it's not `an idea touted by HK' it's actually a strategy that works & works well (better than a WRAP & with less risk!) please go to www.nii.com.au under media releases you will see that the ASIC has dropped the case against HK & NII. End of story. Oh by the way, I am not a NII graduate... but have been trying to source more information of these types of arrangements because they are hugely more favourable to the tennant/occupiers of my properties.
I will post an example shortly.
Cheers,
Duane. :D

Re: ASIC has dropped the case against HK & NII.

BECAUSE he has agreed to some certain undertakings .

Personally, i found the HK releases do mention these indertakings in a vague fashion. I found info on ASIC site to be clearly worded. Some of the undertakings where to do with more fully explaining the RISK level and refunds for people .

Please forgive me Paulzag & Amedeo:(
this link is to a story relating to a couple who were very lucky to get their money back out of HK & NII... ( if it hadn't been for channel 7)...
http://www.jenman.com.au/NewsStories1.php?id=56
Shortly after I posted this link yesterday morning the whole jenman site went down & thankfully is up & running now with this story still there.
Cheers,
Duane

Back