ESC plan for DA approval in Bris..any advice

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone on here has had to conduct an Environmental Sediment Control plan when developing (sub dividing / moving a house over type scenario etc) & if so if you could contact me off site to offer a couple of paragraphs of advice.

Would be much appreciated.
Cheers

Jase

email: [email protected]

Jase

You will need to approach your consulants to help you.

BCC is can be helpful with advice. However if you lack certain items in your application then they put you in the too hard basket and eventually deal with it. This leads to delays which an cost you lots of $$$.

Genarally erosion hazard and sedimentary control plans are required during the operational works stage of the development.

You will need the services of a civil engineer to produce this report.

ok does anyone have a contact on a good civil engineer (and when i say good I mean gets the job done but not charging like a wounded bull hehe)

Cheers

Jase

A sediment control plan is basically just a drawing the architect can do for you.

It's purpose is to show how you will control run-offs from your site during construction when there is a lot of bare soil.

Council is concerned that any run-offs due to rain etc will wash a lot of 'sediment' onto your neighbours, and specifically the roadway, and stain the road as well as clog the drains.

They require that you identify areas that will be affected by run-offs and indicate what preventative methods you intend on using. Mostly, it's just a site plan showing where you intend to deploy sandbags, or sediment barrier, a plastic mesh-type fabric which are strung between posts across the area which you think will have run-offs.

Jase

Try Sean Stringer on 3366 9810 for the erosion hazard plan during the operational works stage.

Yes, your builder will also need to provide a sedimentary control plan as well.

Back