Evaporative Air-conditioner: Moisture?

Here is a thought exercise, hopefully might be able to get a good solution out of this.

I've recently added to my collection of historical militaria a de-activated Lithgow Lee-Enfield rifle (1942), as used by Australian troops during WW2. This can be legally displayed and I have a place that I wish to mount it, however after a bit of thought I've had a concern - Directly above is an evaporative air-conditioning duct. Pics:

sdc11828u.jpg

sdc11829.jpg

My concern is that the moisture being pumped through this duct will rust the exposed metal on the rifle. After looking at the situation further however, I'm wondering if the ducts are pointing in the opposite direction towards the window on the opposite wall, would the moisture instead be sucked towards the opposite direction leaving the exposed metal un-touched. The mounting would be 350mm beneath the vent, with the vent being 140mm from the wall edge.

Anybody have a clue?

That's actually an excellent suggestion Weg, I've asked the opinion of a number of shooters that I know, however as activated rifles are stored away they normally don't have much knowledge about open displays.

Back