Expect Pain on Tuesday

Hi Steve, good on you for that post!

I feel so vindicated even though I've no wish to buy an expensive car, not because I can't but because I don't want.

The reason I worked so hard like you really, is that I thought if I only had $15000 a year after 35 years of paying tax, I might as well laze around & wait for the pension.

So i worked 16 hour days 7 day weeks to have $60000 a year in retirement & I have to be levelled down to those who did not work? My response to any govt who does this is 'go & die!'

Hope more people support us!
KY

Bloody great post Tubs, kudos!

...... damn, can't give you any more kudos atm. Stop making so much sense! :D

I second third 4th and 5th it....

What a communist socoiety we are going to become.

One level playing feild, yeah right! I cant wait for the public to realise what a silly silly decision they have made by voting these semi retards in like Wayne Swann.

I provide housing already for these drongos and in negative territory each week on most of them so they can have a shelter. well... what will happen if they play with tax system and make it unattractive for investors? Investors will sell, then supply demand will kick in, no rental accomodation and we will hike their rents up futher. Its really just recycling money around, I saw a video from Robert Kyiosaki recently saying that in these times rich will get richer and poor and middle class will get poorer, and i see how this will affect.

I myself dont like what we have placed in front of us, but in same time, very optomistic as i belive the renters have a lot more room for higher rents.

I think if there are any nastys it will be like Bob Carrs property tax in 2004, short lived, and will leave them open to get slammed next time at the booths, and this is the best we can hope for.

Have to admit I am a bit nervous about the budget tomorrow night and when John was in I was very sanguine about the whole thing, but not with Rudd the Dudd.

So Labour will want to take from Society Positives and give to Society Negatives (that is my terminology). I see so many people around who are not only NOT contributing anything to society they are actually -ve hence the term Society Negatives.

I have been reading the papers even the cerebral ones like the financial review and I haven't seen much about Negative Gearing and whether Labour will tinker with it. But I do take Alex's point in an earlier post and he is correct; at the end of the day, what will happen will happen and all we can do is adjust our thinking, parlay that into actions and as much as we can make it into an opportunity!!

bring on tomorrow. thanks for posting exactly what i was thinking tubs.

i'm in a similar situation, i earn good money by working 18 hours a day for my own business and trading the sharemarket after spending almost $20k AFTER TAX on self education, squeezing sleep and family in somewhere in the middle and mortgaging a newish (i buy demos to minimise immediate depreciation) cars for my family to get around in while i punt around in an LPG kingswood.

i employ 5 contractors but my business isn;t passive enough to just walk away from.

now because of my position and the fact that i have a nice house in a nice area with a decent garden, a nice car, don't default on my loans and have managed my debts well and am "rich" enough to play the sharemarket, suddenly i'm a shark who is taking food off people's tables so i need to give some back by paying MORE tax?

what about the 10% tax on my value ratios AFTER TAX (GST) ? or the money i profit on with my AFTER TAX money i now have to pay a FURTHER TAX on?

i have no prob paying CGT, but income tax is just theft. that baby bonus was a nice TAX BREAK, not a bonus. generally, lump sum payments like that go onto the mortgage and payments get re-adjusted to suit.

they did a great job marketing Rudd. pick the bloke that looks a little like Howard to not shock people too much, bark about a few things, promise things will change, ther'll be money for everyone.

sounds like animal farm, doesn't it? gee, there's a lot of George Orwell happening lately isn;t there....

So Labour will want to take from Society Positives and give to Society Negatives (that is my terminology). I see so many people around who are not only NOT contributing anything to society they are actually -ve hence the term Society Negatives.

nice one!
:cool:

Comrades,

The revolution will provide all.

"From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs".

It's a shame sarcasm doesn't translate well on internat chat boards

Feel the same way as you BlueCard. :(

Here's a nice little story I tell myself from time to time:

I sell a product in my shop.

ATO says, 'thanks, we'll take 10% of that at the end of the month, then we'll expect some income tax for the person you paid to sell it, and with what you have left - we'll have some income tax from you as well thanks. Once you've got what's left, we'd also really appreciate it if you pay some land tax, council rates, ESL, WorkCover, and that same tax from the beginning if you happen to buy anything for yourself with the remainder.'

Or am I just getting too cynical? ;)

I'm thinking of the baby bonus not being given to 150k+ households, cos that must mean you are 'rich'.

That strikes me as vote winning politics and not sound policy.

Is the baby bonus a welfare payment or an encouragement to have children?

personally i think it should be abolished all together ... all that happened was that it encourage those thinking about the $5000 to breed.
Actually it does seem like a dumb and expensive way to go about what should be good idea.

Just mentioning it as someone else had noted the divisive politics of bashing the 'rich' exploiting the system theme.

Cutting the CGT discount would surely 'net' far more than the $8 billion in one fell swoop, without touching anything else.

Short term it might raise some funds. Then, after the rental crisis gets even worse and we have to build more public housing (or tent cities), provide more subsidies...

sounds like animal farm, doesn't it? gee, there's a lot of George Orwell happening lately isn;t there....

Two plasmas good. Four properties baaaaad.

it frustrates me that the green eyed side of politics considers a luxury car to be one worth more than $57k odd. in a modern progressive society it is an international embarassment that a gutless entry level mercedes is revered as some sort of status symbol.

in a modern progressive society it is an international embarassment that a gutless entry level mercedes is revered as some sort of status symbol.

It is only revered as a status symbol by those who are as much a tosser as the person driving it purely because he/she thinks it IS a status symbol :p

Hi all,

Baby bonus, thinking outside the square with this one.

I know I am going to get into trouble with this post.

Perhaps we need to direct it better.

Now if we were to become the clever country, then perhaps we should have a large Baby bonus for professional people only. How about $5k if one parent has a degree and $10k if both parents have a degree. Maybe we could up the reward for those with a masters or phd to $20k.

Then again why don't they just have an IQ test for parents, the higher th IQ the greater the Baby Bonus with nothing for those on the lowest 5 percentiles.

Lynn, I think I need your TIC smilie.

bye

Back