eynesbury - vic

hi,

does anyone have any insights into Eynesbury Township, Victoria.

seems like a great place to invest into...

any ideas or anyone invested in this place?

Bump.

What are peoples thoughts on buying in eynesbury? Anyone invested or currently live there?

Pro's and cons? (besides no town center and schools just yet)

Yep very true.

Will be interesting to see how the township develops in the coming years..

I guess some people enjoy the isolation.. for a PPOR I guess that'd be fine, but its obviously not for everyone.

Any forum members currently live there? how do you find it?

If you wish to live away from everywhere and do solemnly pledge that you do not expect the government to ever provide services, Eynesbury may be up your alley.

On the other hand if you want mundane things like access to schools and jobs then it may not be to you or you tenants' taste. Eynesbury is basically an outpost of Melton. Of all the Melbourne municipalities Melton has about the lowest who work locally - there is little local employment despite the population growth. And unlike other growth areas like Werribee, Pakenham or Cranbourne it's only served by country trains so connections to the rest of Melbourne are limited.

As for Eynesbury itself, there's so many kids (and no school) that spots on the local school bus are so scarce parents need to book.

http://www.exfordps.vic.edu.au/news/eynesbury-courtesy-bus

Eynesbury is widely considered one of those areas that should not have got planning approval but did. This may make it a low priority when money comes along for that new school, community centre, bus service etc.

Still car hoons apparently have had fun there:

http://www.eynesbury.com.au/_content/downloads/Newsletters/Oct-Nov-2012.pdf

Eynesbury is widely considered one of those areas that should not have got planning approval but did.

The land was owned by the Baillieu family and, though our former premier denies having a stake, it seems rather convenient that the land (that by any sane measure seemed unsuitable for development) was given approval and sold to developers for premium dollars.

Anyway, even if Eynesbury wasn't a tiny dot of a housing estate in the middle of frigging nowhere, they don't allow cats, not even indoor ones, and as such deserves to be burnt to the ground ;)

The land was owned by the Baillieu family and, though our former premier denies having a stake, it seems rather convenient that the land (that by any sane measure seemed unsuitable for development) was given approval and sold to developers for premium dollars.

Anyway, even if Eynesbury wasn't a tiny dot of a housing estate in the middle of frigging nowhere, they don't allow cats, not even indoor ones, and as such deserves to be burnt to the ground ;)

You can't have a cat?

Cats are banned within the development, it's part of selling it as a green, environmentally-conscious place which is amusing giving it's entirely car-reliant location and removal from any infrastructure.

It's a town surrounded by flat paddocks and pastures, yet they plant a few trees so that when people come to look at display homes they will gush and say 'oh my, it's like a forest here!' They talk about the birds needing to be protected from cats but it's more of a marketing ploy - focusing on the birds makes it sound like it's a rich habitat for wildlife whereas it's just a development in the middle of nowhere with a few trees planted.

I don't actually have a problem with cats being kept indoors (I keep mine indoors, they have an outdoor enclosure), but banning them entirely as a smarmy sales tactic is a bit rich.

Back