Face Book

I will, but wont put much money. It'll be more speculating. I read somewhere that it's valued more than waltz disney, insane.

I think it'll go up at the beginning because of all the fuzz, but by the time they release its first quarterly results, i'll most likely be out by then. I dont see how they can sustain the price, but i may be wrong

api.asp

one would start to wonder when the price will start too level out as it has too stop somewhere..imho..
http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2012/05...f-trading/?scp=3&sq=facebook shares&st=Search

lol the article talks about people blaming Morgan Stanley for pricing the stock 'too richly'. And who did Morgan Stanley work for?

FB is worth $5-10B but was listed at $100B

So the price considered 'bargain' today will be way overpriced in the months ahead.

But good on Zuckerberg for hyping his company up and selling for top dollar!

lol the article talks about people blaming Morgan Stanley for pricing the stock 'too richly'. And who did Morgan Stanley work for?

CNNMoney put's it squarely at the feet of Zukenberg[?] and his greed, over-ruling MS. The float was too big, too rich and the company's business model is flawed. What was the PE? Somewhere around 80?

CNNMoney put's it squarely at the feet of Zukenberg[?] and his greed, over-ruling MS. The float was too big, too rich and the company's business model is flawed. What was the PE? Somewhere around 80?

Probably a negative PE. Problem is if they try and get too commercial they'll turn off their client database and become worthless.

I heard a funny quote on this matter the other day " If you have access to an IPO you probably shouldn't be there". My personal assessment of the potential for investment in this IPO went a little like this:

Stats show that people are getting bored with FB in the developed countries, but it is being taken up at a greater rate by developing countries.

http://www.internetworldstats.com/facebook.htm

The problem with this from a commercial perspective is the demographics of users in countries where growth is slowing, stagnating or reducing are the ones with the spending power; professionals in the US, Europe and here in Oz. These defectors are the main target of FB advertising.

Growth is all in the developing countries now, and yes those people need toothpaste and the other essentials, and are naturally open to being directed by marketing for these items, but the return on invested advertising dollars is very low for toothpaste sold by a (slightly choked) shotgun approach like FB.

They just don't generate sales like New York Yuppies do with relevant click throughs to advertisers.

Hence the abysmal PE. Yes if they can hang in there until the average Indian worker can afford a new car they will do well, but in the meantime there is competition from other social platforms such as twitter, google+ etc etc etc growing fast and..... whatever shiny new thing comes along tomorrow. Perhaps privacy concerns and boredom will kill off social platforms alltogether, or at least radically change the way people use it. Who knows??

FB might make it, who knows? My crystal ball is very fogged up at the moment, but I can't see anything changing that quickly in my investment timeframe.

Given the dynamic development of the net, the fickle nature of the users, the still fresh memories of the dotcom collapse and the fact we still don't know where it is going I'll stick with things where the future can be somewhat predicted based on past occurrences.

I know..., I'll never be worth 27 billion. but I won't be burnt by tech stocks that I understand very little about either.:D

Cheers,
Beef.

Zucked!

Read an article on CNBC where after just 2.5 days of trading of Facebook shares Mark Zuckerberg's paper wealth has fallen by more than $3 billion. The finance community has came up with a new business lexicom:

"Zucked" (As in "My stock wealth is down 30 percent. I got Zucked!")

I like it :)

Cheers,
Oracle.

shareholder: zuckering zuckertash!! i got zucked in by zuckkey and his zucky company

mark zuckerburg: zucked in zucker i got all your zucking money!

shareholder: im gonna zuck you zuckerberg

mark zuckerburg: zuck me if you can zucker

sharholder: gggrrr zuck zuck ggrrr

mark zuckerburg: hehe zucker

I thought it was obvious what's happened.

He got married, so to make sure his wife doesn't get too much, he's trying to run down the value of the company as much as possible.

P/E was 102.xx. Well done to anyone who is short here!

The problem with this from a commercial perspective is the demographics of users in countries where growth is slowing, stagnating or reducing are the ones with the spending power; professionals in the US, Europe and here in Oz. These defectors are the main target of FB advertising .... Perhaps privacy concerns and boredom will kill off social platforms alltogether, or at least radically change the way people use it. Who knows??

Well said Beef - and I don't know if my demographic, or my group of friends is typical, but no one even looks at the advertising. It is purely a way of keeping in touch with dispursed family and friends. To post photographs and chat to a mass crowd (my friends) rather than one by one via email.

Several use it for business, but again, they are targeting their specific consumers with information rather than buying/selling anything via fb.

I see it as a platform to be used for personal gain - not a commercial site.

I also see my group getting bored - less posting overall - more "quotes" and photos that appeal and make you chuckle - much less personal stuff.

Not sure about that. Even Blind Freddy could see the float for what it was - just a cash-out for Zuckerberg and co. Nothing wrong with that but people need to take responsibility for their stupidity I think rather than suing for it.

Funny. That's not your position on buying off the plan apartments in another thread. My, there's a runny consistency on this forum sometimes.

Last edited:
Back