False flag?

Does anyone actually support/believe in the reasons governments give to initiate these interventions in the Middle East. There is always some sort of false flag attack Iraq, Afghanistan (911/non existent nuclear weapons), Libya (Tyrant?) and now SYRIA (Chemical weapons?)

http://www.news.com.au/world-news/m...-8216in-days8217/story-fnh81ifq-1226704387686

I am so sick of this bs, please don't tell me I am a conspiracy nut because I am getting awfully sick of these immoral wars in the name of democracy or whatever they like to call it.

/rantover

I think that there is a good chance that chemical weapons were used. But to launch rocket strikes just as a message mightn't be the brightest idea.
The problem that I have with it is that the rebels would probably be just as bad if they were in power, perhaps worse.
This really looks like a no win situation.

Does anyone actually support/believe in the reasons governments give to initiate these interventions in the Middle East. There is always some sort of false flag attack Iraq, Afghanistan (911/non existent nuclear weapons), Libya (Tyrant?) and now SYRIA (Chemical weapons?)

http://www.news.com.au/world-news/m...-8216in-days8217/story-fnh81ifq-1226704387686

I am so sick of this bs, please don't tell me I am a conspiracy nut because I am getting awfully sick of these immoral wars in the name of democracy or whatever they like to call it.

/rantover

Suggest you do some deeper research on the situation in Syria. Intervention is long overdue. What exactly would be immoral about it?

Suggest you do some deeper research on the situation in Syria. Intervention is long overdue. What exactly would be immoral about it?

I think it's the whole "war mongering devil USA scum" part that people fall for.

But I guess like the end of the mining construction boom, the USA have to find another conflict to keep their military gainfully employed. :D

considering the US, UK and Australia were funding and directly arming the rebels....which were AlQaeda...and now we have this issue.....one has to wonder.

Well the Israelis, Britain and France are egging them on to do it while Russia, China and Germany think it would be a mistake.
I guess it would be in the interests of Israel that international action was carried out.

Yet the US top military officer General Dempsey said recently

"Syria today is not about choosing between two sides but rather about choosing one among many sides,” wrote Gen. Martin E. Dempsey, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. “It is my belief that the side we choose must be ready to promote their interests and ours when the balance shifts in their favor. Today, they are not.”"

How are we to know what is really going on?

I'm pretty sure the hundreds of people gasping for air and dying in their tracks the other day weren't acting.

they sure weren't, but it seems that the scape goat has been appointed before seeing any evidence.

the only people who would benefit from this attack are rebel forces.

the government had nothing to gain from it as they are slowly regaining control of the country anyway.

the government didn't use chemical weapon on this scale (if at all) in the last 2 years of the war, and all of a sudden (conveniently for the rebels) they decided to use it just as UN inspectors arrived? sorry but I don't buy this story

Suggest you do some deeper research on the situation in Syria.

As opposed to the research you've done...? I've probably read many more articles than you have my friend.

What exactly would be immoral about it?

What is immoral about intervening into another nations problem? Do you understand the dynamics of middle eastern countries. They are very multicultural with many different factions - all fighting for control. Assad may not be the best leader but lets be honest, Western countries have not been any better.

Who is to say there is even evidence that they launched the chemical weapons, you need to understand rebels are heavily armed and have taken over government territory including military caches - gun, ammunition, explosives and quite possibly chemical weapons. They are allowing the UN to come to inspect and make judgement but apparently "its too late to prove otherwise" (paraphrasing)

Intervention is long overdue.

Also its safe to say Iraq (another recent intervention) ended spectacularly, oh wait no.. still hasn't ended with over a million dead. Never mind, all those people deserved to die because they were damn terrorists plotting to blow up America. Especially the children.

Western countries beating on weaker middle eastern countries for "democracy/saving the people" is good... for companies supplying weapons, Oil/resource companies and Israel. Why not protect the poor African countries from civil war?

Your turn! Please elaborate on this research/knowledge you have.. or do you have some kind of double standard?

My disillusionment with Uncle Sam began when former Defence Secretary McNamara revealed that the Gulf of Tonkin Resolution was based on a massive lie. What followed ....... ie. the Vietnam War.....was a disaster for all parties.

Back in 2002, I was a firm believer that the war in Iraq was necessary. Sadly, it appears we were lied to again - no Weapons of Mass Destruction were ever found.

We don't need another war. Let the Syrians sort it out among themselves.

Personally I do not believe there will be an intervention as Syria's oil reserves are pretty low.

My disillusionment with Uncle Sam began when former Defence Secretary McNamara revealed that the Gulf of Tonkin Resolution was based on a massive lie. What followed ....... ie. the Vietnam War.....was a disaster for all parties.

Yes all those proven false flag events (yes, I dare say proven due to declassified information) makes you wonder what they are capable of doing...

Personally I do not believe there will be an intervention as Syria's oil reserves are pretty low.

I really hope so for the sake of thousands if not millions that may be die/be displaced/persecuted if Syria is bombed into oblivion, the government overthrown only to be replaced a new faction.

As opposed to the research you've done...? I've probably read many more articles than you have my friend.

What is immoral about intervening into another nations problem? Do you understand the dynamics of middle eastern countries. They are very multicultural with many different factions - all fighting for control. Assad may not be the best leader but lets be honest, Western countries have not been any better.

Who is to say there is even evidence that they launched the chemical weapons, you need to understand rebels are heavily armed and have taken over government territory including military caches - gun, ammunition, explosives and quite possibly chemical weapons. They are allowing the UN to come to inspect and make judgement but apparently "its too late to prove otherwise" (paraphrasing)

Also its safe to say Iraq (another recent intervention) ended spectacularly, oh wait no.. still hasn't ended with over a million dead. Never mind, all those people deserved to die because they were damn terrorists plotting to blow up America. Especially the children.

Western countries beating on weaker middle eastern countries for "democracy/saving the people" is good... for companies supplying weapons, Oil/resource companies and Israel. Why not protect the poor African countries from civil war?

Your turn! Please elaborate on this research/knowledge you have.. or do you have some kind of double standard?

No thanks, I don't engage in debate with conspiracy theorists. Your first post tells me all I need to know. Enjoy.

To me it seems the middle east has always been full of intrigue, the only time it is peaceful is when one ruler controls the lot. So many factions, sects within religions, tribal wars, past dishonours being avenged, I doubt there will ever be peace within the arab sections without tossing Israel into the middle of it.

They are very experienced at subterfuge and are quite ruthless in there approach, an example of this is the WMDs in Iraq, the scientists were given a deadline to produce X amount of WMDs or else :eek:

It has been suggested that they didn't/couldn't do it, so they got drums and marked them as WMDs and put them into storage. Hussein and the palace believed they had WMDs, this espionage reached the West who then attacked. They found the drums but when tested no WMD !

They also play the West for an interfering pack of fools who are simply there to be milked or used to assist their faction achieve victory over their religious/tribal traditional enemy.

All way too hard for me, it will simply be replacing one mob with the other, both of whom hate each other :(

Last edited:
I am sorry if I seem really hard hearted - and I'm not, as I despair what is happening in so many sectors of the world - but I believe the only way these countries are going to sort their stuff out is "leave it to them".

Intervening has really never led to a positive outcome but rather a dragging on of the fighting in more subtle and underhanded ways. Iraq and Afghanistan are perfect examples

Most of the males of these countries don't understand democracy - and don't want it - for thousands of years they are ruled by the strongest hand at the time - power - and this is what they struggle for ... not freedom and fairness for all.

A very, very sad situation - and my heart lies with the women and children caught up in such a testosterone originating mess.

I don't know that much about it but if there is not too much in the way of oil reserves as One World says then the balance of probability would be maybe not much happens..

Not much of a place to be a woman I reckon .

Syria ain't no afghanistan, if it was US would have done something about it 2 years ago.

No country has the right to get involved in another countries matter, the rebels are funded by us,aus,uk etc which are terrorists.

Look in your own backyard before caring about what is happening in another country thousands of kms away.;)

Look in your own backyard before caring about what is happening in another country thousands of kms away.;)
I agree.

What worries me is when "peaceful" demonstrations about events in other Countries start happening here.

No thanks.

Go over to those Countries and demonstrate there, please.

I reckon no country should have to intervene in other nation's problems. Let them sort it out themselves. It is pretty stupid to start bombing Syria in the name of saving people.

Back