February 2008 MIG Meeting

Hi, Y-man

I was about the ask the same question as Lilli as well. So, anyone can bring up anything as a topic of discussion? Interesting... there is still a moderator, right? Is there still a general over-arching topic to put everyone's mindset in the right direction?

Regards
Daniel

Anyone can bring up anything as the topic(s). It naturally flows from one topic to another and can get quite enthusiastic :D On the evenings we have no speakers there is no strict format or strict agenda but the discussion is usually very stimulating. I know tonight I woudl be interested in discussing where Melbourne is in the cycle, will the ripple go all the way out this time? and whether people have done some interesting stuff since I last saw them. But that may not be what others might want to talk about :p

I've just been called in for a job interview for early tomorrow morning and it looks like I have a lot of homework to do tonight! I'm afraid I will need to pull out tonight :mad: Sorry all.

Ozi

Hi, Y-man

Ha Ha. I only started coming to this forum, even I registered months back.

Only just found out about this meeting a few days back. Will look forward to going for the next one instead.

Thanks for the offer.

Regards
Daniel Lee

How did the meeting go..?

Any interesting topics discussed/ feedback..?

Couldn't make it to the meeting yesterday. Hopefully next time.

Harris

How did the meeting go..?

Any interesting topics discussed/ feedback..?

Couldn't make it to the meeting yesterday. Hopefully next time.

Harris

We missed you Harris! There was no-one to defend the prospects in the outer suburbs hehehehe

Mostly quite sobering discussion on the changed finance and share market, how that is effecting individual somersoft members and what changes they are making to respond. Newbie wondering how to move from benefits to investor. What we have all been up to. The usual.

We missed you Harris! There was no-one to defend the prospects in the outer suburbs hehehehe

gee.. so I assume gerd, Bricks & Mortar, Ruby, mannymanuevers, Spiderman etal were not there..!

All seasoned investors gave it a miss..;)

must have been quite boring then.. I guess :D

ah thanks for the mention Haris...
3 months ago i was 'inner city til i die', now i'm very happy with the first stage of my new and improved beginners strategy by picking up a place in Karingal between last and this MIG (and i see the light!).

for what it's worth, i would have added to the sober discussion with regards to shares .. having gone from no margin to 50%lvr on my share portfolio in Nov 07 ... i figured i delayed too long and well .. as a result of my hastiness i learned a hard lesson in what cheap can be if you are willing to wait for the macro cycle to rear its (this time ugly) head. i've been as close to 15k away from a margin call. happy with the position i'm locked into as cash in/ out from the shares has not changed, however it is frustrating as having to keep additional cash in case of emergency is holding me back from spending hard earn dollars on those outer burbs! :)

prob the wrong thread to blab on .. but yes sorry (to myself at least) i could not make it ... i was stuck in the Steakhouse docklands swigging good ol barossa shiraz and stuffing black angus down my throat ... (i hope 'delayed gratification' still allows me to be spoiled by my employer;))

gee.. so I assume gerd, Bricks & Mortar, Ruby, mannymanuevers, Spiderman etal were not there..!

All seasoned investors gave it a miss..;)

must have been quite boring then.. I guess :D

Actually the bit about European property and tenancies was quite interesting! :) Now that's really out of the Melbourne inner suburbs!!

Cheers,

The Y-man

Thanks for some great discussions. I'm sorry I wasn't able to contribute anything however I really enjoyed listening to some experienced investors.

Steve :)

Back