Fertile Land - NSW Acreage

I'm not expecting Armageddon anytime soon. However I've also been thinking what fallback strategy do I have if there was massive unemployment of say 50% and substantial social unrest?

Living on acreage near the coast might be a better option. Was recently shown a link to acreage on coast at Scott's Head in NSW. Sold for about $500k.

Unless you think some form a natural apocalypse is going to happen (in which case coastal land might not be the best choice) the ocean can provide substanital nutrition for almost nil $ if you fish, gather oysters, shellfish etc.

I would like to do a survivalist course then put it to the test by living on the coast away from developed areas for a few weeks taking no food with me. Suddenly you would need a knowledge of edible plants, fruits, seeds, bark, grasses etc and traditional hunting, fishing, gathering methods. You would also need to know how to smoke meats/fish and how to keep caught fish alive for later consumption.

As a small step towards self-sufficiency and as a healthy pursuit I've taken up fishing again (after a 30+ year break). The approach this time around is to learn from those who have better knowledge than me. Blackfish have been my main target. Tricky fish to pursue and definitely an art to catching them.

the only way to survive such anarchy to go live a self sustained life.

If we have such anarchy - what makes you think you're going to be safe on your plot of land? Hope you bury a good cache of guns, ammo and razor wire.

Personally, I love the idea of living "off grid", and that is our retirement goal, but only because of a conciousness of our ecological footprint and a desire to get back to basics ... however ... very few people actually think like that.

I think a much smarter idea instead of investing x hundred thousand dollars into acreage in middle of nowhere "just in case"...

invest several thousand dollars in guns, ammunition, camo gear, night vision goggles.. have a buried cache including tinned food supplies and petrol... scout out several appropriate acreages...

If the proverbial hits the fan... simply knock on the door of one of the acreages with all your guns and supplies... and offer them protection in exchange for communal living.. assuming the occupants are even there and haven't turned into zombies

best of both worlds

Just bought my piece (only 6 acres) only 1.5 hour drive from Adelaide. Not so much for when the SHTF but more for a place for family & friends to holiday or visit when everything becomes way too expensive in the future. Still got somewhere to go and holiday for free. Less than 2km's from the river. It's fully irrigated & comes with water delivery rights, so we can create a lush campsite & grow our own food.

If we have such anarchy - what makes you think you're going to be safe on your plot of land? Hope you bury a good cache of guns, ammo and razor wire.

Personally, I love the idea of living "off grid", and that is our retirement goal, but only because of a conciousness of our ecological footprint and a desire to get back to basics ... however ... very few people actually think like that.

lizzie .. we are working on a syndicate of around 8 families .. the land will be acquired early .. then preparations are made to self sustenance and defensive measures as you mentioned.

its almost like an instant community .. ready to survive with preemption

if nothings happens .. no lose

I think a much smarter idea instead of investing x hundred thousand dollars into acreage in middle of nowhere "just in case"...

invest several thousand dollars in guns, ammunition, camo gear, night vision goggles.. have a buried cache including tinned food supplies and petrol... scout out several appropriate acreages...

If the proverbial hits the fan... simply knock on the door of one of the acreages with all your guns and supplies... and offer them protection in exchange for communal living.. assuming the occupants are even there and haven't turned into zombies

best of both worlds

now lets say you do invest all that money .. and the system goes down

who cares about paying it off ! - nesara may kick in

the problem knocking on the door is that everyone will be trying to get out and find somewhere to inhabit ..

why should i be the one looking for somewhere when .. i can already be there locked and loaded :)

If I cast my mind back 15+ years ... I do recall reading a book that claimed to unravel the meaning of the "end of the world" (otherwise known as "the second coming) in the bible.

If I remember correctly - judgement day would come after the joining of the europe into one economy (can't remember how many countries it stated), which would then collapse, and recovery would be lead by the devil in a purple headpiece/hat.

Okay - everyone - watch out for the purple hat!

Is this the armageddon that Oztexs anticipating? Judgement day?

Personally, I agree there is a change. There is a growing divide between those who acceptother races/religions and those hate those who are different.

I also feel there is a growth away from restricitive religion (ie, catholic) and a move towards encompassing religion (ie, buddasim). I also feel there is less tolerance for poor goverance and more accountability, rather than blind belief.

Maybe I am optimistic - but I believe the good and accepting will eventually win thru.

lizzie ..

i am not suggesting that the end of the world is coming .. far from it.

what I am SPECULATING .. << and this is the key word here .. just like how a bonds trader or money markets trader would speculate interest rates to raise or fall based on data feeding into there 6 LCD monitors with reuters, bloomberg and every other market data feeds they can get there hands on ..

my data comes form 15 yrs of researching alternative news and insider interviews that dont get aired on your conventional news stations ie CNN, NBC ABC, BBC etc etc.

currently we are in the process of witnessing a global plan that is being carried out .. and weather you believe me or not (i dont really care) economies are going to collapse .. the banking system is going to come crushing down.

Forget about the religious aspect of this for now .. weather u believe in God or not .. you will be affected. The only thing is .. are you going to be prepared for it ?

In reply to Lizzie, the guy is wearing a blue turban here (bit like a purple headpiece/hat I suppose):-

http://www.nostradamuspredictions.org/antichrist-part-ii

"
Out of the country of Greater Arabia
Shall be born a strong master of Mohammed,
He will enter Europe wearing a blue turban.
He will be the terror of mankind.
Never more horror."

"
Century 3 Quatrain 99

In the grassy fields of Alein and Varneigne
Upon Mount Lebron near Durance
Conflict between two sides shall be very fierce
Mesopotamie shall fall on French soil

Though the Frenchman predicts Muslims will eventually fall in his motherland, the mention of Mesopotamia can only mean the invaders come from the region that is now Iraq and Iran.

Many commentators look towards the current Iranian leader, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad as the antichrist, though some theorists look beyond the frontman and seek out the monster in the shadows.

Muslim cleric Ayatollah Mesbah Yazdi is the spiritual adviser to the President, and, some commentators consider, the true leader of Iran. That his name is pronounced Maybah adds to suspicions he could be the Mabus Nostradamus talks about in quatrain 2.62.

Renowned for taking a hardline, it was Mesbah Yazdi who called for Iran to build nuclear weapons and oversees the uranium enrichment program. After rigging the election to ensure Ahmadinejad’s success he cracked down on protestors by using extreme force. Considered a practitioner for violence he adopted the nickname, Professor Crocodile.

Mesbah Yazdi has also been influential in packing the Assembly of Experts with loyalists and is thought to have ambitions of replacing Ali Khamenei as Supreme Leader thus putting him into a position of power from where he could instigate worldwide destruction. Look out for him wearing a blue turban!

We have presented some modern day candidates for the anti-christ according to the predictions of Nostradamus, but it is impossible to see exactly. We have learned that new candidates previously unseen can appear almost out of nowhere and the effects of these unknown unknowns can be potent."

Read more: http://www.nostradamuspredictions.org/antichrist-part-ii#ixzz1kNYeLzvZ

Seriously, sharetipping newsletter I receive opines that if Iran moves to close the Straits of Hormuz the oil price could move towards $300/barrel. The author has a good record of predicting macro trends in commodities and currencies. If this happens, net oil importing economies would sufffer.

From sharetipping newsletter:-

"Right now, the oil market is poised on the edge of a rally.
Iran has been threatening to block the Strait of Hormuz in retaliation for the US putting an embargo on Iranian oil. This would block 40% of the world’s sea-borne oil trade. And in this newsletter I’ll explain why I think that would take oil straight to $300 a barrel.
I’ll also show you why that’s not the only reason I’m expecting higher oil prices. Oil producers haven’t kept up with soaring Asian demand. The market is now incredibly tight. And this is happening right at a time when oil exporters are facing more disruptions than ever before."

"In the last few weeks Iran has threatened to close
the Strait of Hormuz in response to this oil embargo.
This is the narrow stretch of the Persian Gulf that
runs between Iran and Oman.
Oil exporting countries like Saudi Arabia, United Arab
Emirates (UAE), Iraq and Kuwait collectively ship 17
million barrels of oil a day through the Strait. This
represents 20% of global daily production; or 40%
of all the oil shipped by sea worldwide each day. It is
the world’s busiest oil shipping lane.
If Iran follows through on its threat, the oil price
would almost certainly blow up. "

Last edited:
interesting stuff .. but we are missing the point.

the anti-christ is not due yet. the current dominant power of this earth does not come form Iran or the Palestine president !

the power comes from the international banking cartels that have ruled over mankind for a long time. We are talking about families have own the banking systems the ones that print money from thin air .. Rothschilds , Rockerfella , Hapsberg etc etc

War does not have to be physical .. right now its psychological and biological

Back