Few progress photos of our living room

We've spent the last 6months or so slowly chipping away at our old Victorian Terrace.

The front room used to be a bedroom when the previous owners had it, and either side of the chimney they had installed these hideous wardrobes that destroyed the ceiling... The floor is still trashed, but that's the next job. Fireplace was completed covered over, and the door near the front door was all boarded up! We've tried to get it back to the era so here are some photos

100% DIY except the whiteset/rendering of the walls!

Enjoy

Only got 1 before picture :(

Before:
3081378831_6c46bafa28.jpg

After:
3081368305_952607abf5.jpg

More after shots:

3081368435_8163ebac8d.jpg

This door opening was completed boarded up, we found a nice old door that now lives on the laundry

Me, still painting away..

3081357629_b2c4a74067.jpg

During Rendering

2945777012_b87f7cea4a.jpg

Restoring Ceiling, with whiteset on walls now

2798573865_a01b78c839.jpg

New door way opened up prior to jamb

2798580199_5088674539_o.jpg

Old door we found

2751254379_0fbcdeded1.jpg

Walls, stripped! What a f'er of a job

2752087584_8ecd8a2418_b.jpg

Chasing cables suxs!

2751250755_abce1b6213_b.jpg

This was the room before we started the attack

2739225143_cc235edf0e.jpg

This was the wall that had the door boarded up.. craziness!

2739220323_679620d94d.jpg

Bit of demo work to expose the door

2740051836_2fa0f9366e.jpg

Corner where the wardrobe was removed

2739117845_de9979665a.jpg

Great reno.
I always remember visiting those old terrace places with my Grandmother back in the 60;s.

Was that a body wrapped up in the white sheet:confused:

Any Ghost stories ?

Gee Cee

That's a nice house you've got there. And bricks! I've forgotten what bricks look like, I have a sandstone house and a limestone house.

Oh, and remember your pipe? I found its cousin some weeks ago, was making the water a lovely shade of yellow. Love that rusty galv. The plumbers were over the other day to replace it and for some reason they just yanked out the old pipe and kind of bent it into a spectacularly weird shape loop-de-loop through the air and left it there like some kind of rusty modern art. They put all the other ones in a pile, but not *that* one.

I can take a photo tomorrow for your nostalgic pleasure if you want? :D

Gee Cee, hehe! no ghost stories and no bodies :D

LOL RumpledElf! Take a photo, would be good for a laugh. My pipe is long gone, I cut it into a thousand little pieces before taking it to the dump. That area of the house is alot dryer now I think!

What a gorgeous room KrisK.
Thanks for sharing your photos with us.
What paint (brand/colour) did you use on the wall? It looks great.

:)
Lily

What a gorgeous room KrisK.
Thanks for sharing your photos with us.
What paint (brand/colour) did you use on the wall? It looks great.

:)
Lily

Ditto! What is that dining room paint....I'm just about to leave work for Bunnings - we're painting our PPOR unit this weekend.

Fantastic reno's you have done a great job. Well done!:)

regards JO

Why is it that I feel spectacularly tired after viewing this post?! :D
Getting too old methinks....

i agree - methinks it's been one reno to many. that's why we've moved onto knockdown and build townshouses - or pay to be built townhouses.

You Old Farts

Perhaps it was my mothers disgust at painting after X/mas dinner as i had a tenant moving in on 4th January.
Perhaps it was all the days renovating , then going to nightshift at 10.00pm covered in paint.
Perhaps it was just the constant days of only 4 hrs sleep
But in the long run it has worked out.
I could not have come from a housing commission life to here without getting off my @r--e.
But now I deligate & travel & CONTROL.
But will still get dirty if necessary. (Keep it clean):cool:

Eventually it pays off. May take a couple of decades though!!!

Problem is most of my nieces and nephews do not think they should do the hard yards:eek:

Want to start out at 21 with a job that pays $80k plus a car:(

Like when i say GET REAL they just look at you like; If you will not pay that i am just going to play my X Box and live with Mum & Dad :p

Gee Cee

On the beach:)

bought & gave my friends 16 yr old who I've always been clsoe with a copy of Rich Dad Poor Dad o get it in her head... see how she goes...

bought & gave my friends 16 yr old who I've always been clsoe with a copy of Rich Dad Poor Dad o get it in her head... see how she goes...

Great book; I've read it about 5 times now - usually drag it out around once a year.

Back to the thread; loved seeing these photos. It makes you want to start another reno, doesn't it?

Can't wait to see the finished product. Hurry up will ya, Kris?

hi EVeryone

Everyone keeps commenting on the color and how much they love it :D

It's a Taubmans Easy Coat Microban product, I cant recall the name (ill get it for you) but it's been tinted with a bit more white (our on mix). We used Dulux Once in Antique White for the door trims, chair and picture rail. Standard Dulux Cieling white for the ceiling also.

We basically added white to the color until we were happy. Kel has measured it all up so we can duplicate it :) We love it too!

I really hope it's added some value to the house - will be interesting when we get a valuation after completing the rest of the renos.

Glad you all like it :D

Great to hear.
When is the next Somersoft House Warming party happening there:D

Guys, so the color is Taubmans Haddonstone. The mix, is 5Litres of Taubmans Easy Coat White with 1.75 litres of Taubmans Haddonstone (5litres of white, 1.75 of color)

Hope that helps :)

Back