Fhog And Stamp Duty -qld

I'm a bit confused and have different departments and solicitors tell me different things.

For the "FHOG" is it correct that you must live in it for at least 6 months and move into the property within 1 year of settlement?

For the "owner occupier stamp duty discount" you must live in the the property for at least 1 year and must move in within 1 year of settlement date.

So for example if I had settled, and been approve for "FHOG" and "Owner Stamp duty discount" on a house today and and moved in and lived there for 6 months then moved out , I would have to pay back the stamp duty discount but I can keep my FHOG ?

I'm not sure about your question? But I can add that you can have other people renting rooms out in the house at anytime weather you are living in it or not. But still you could move in on day 365 and start your 6 months of living there whilst still having the rooms rented out.

I have never heard or read anything about not getting the Stamp Duty grant for not living in the house for 12 months. Doesn't seem right to me.

So subscribed to this thread to find out more.

The price of the property needs to be quiet high for the Stamp Duty concession to be better then the bonus 3k. Not sure which state your in or what purchase price you are looking at?

Back