FHOG not extended

Got to love finance stimulus news. FHOG has to be used NOW, so that builders don't go bankrupt in the short term. KRUDD doesn't want people to wait, he wants people to act now....:p
I suspect you're exactly right; this is all aimed at improving construction sign-up figures for the current quarter.

I may have missed the first part of the interview but I only heard him say, "all good things must come to an end" next thing you know the media are saying its definitely finishing. Like the politician who said, there could be millions of boat people wanting to come, next headline, millions on way to Oz.

The second coming, rising from the ashes (?)

Has everyone misinterpreted Rudd's remarks yesterday? Another school of thought which says the grant is not dead, here

I keep telling yas...it's only the EXTRA BOOST to the FHOG that will end....NOT the original grants of $7k for existing & $14kfor new builds.....

The media is loving this...it has people confused...media exists on confusion and doubt these days.....:rolleyes:

Yet all you have to do is go back to when it was introduced and it had a lifetime of Oct 08 to June 09

...simple, easy, no confusion...and now it will end if krudd has his way or it will continue if lobbying can succeed....but if it does suceed, then expect it to be revamped including means testing...I have a friend who has bought (his 1st) an investment property a couple yrs ago and is still eligble as a FHO for his next purchase because he intends it to be PPOR.....I reckon it's these that krudd wants out of the picture....

I could be wrong and if I am, then very happy to accept humiliation thrown at me from any direction....:) Bring it on folks...:cool:

I'm off to the fridge for a crownie...its Frydey...beer day...:D

Last edited:
Back