Fhog

Hi,

What are others thoughts regarding the end of the FHOG, will the market slow down?

Do you think there will be less enquires for home loans?

We have been flat out, some really late nights, finish at midnight and back out the next morning.

Thoughts?

Alex

I think that a lot of investors are waiting for the FHOG to finish before they buy. This is just my oppinion though based on my own sentiment of not wanting to compete in the current market.

Perhaps the market will slow when the FHOG ends or if there are enough investors like myself we will probably just keep the prices going up or at the very least they will flattenout.

But I cant see first home owners being in the market for about 3 - 6 months in any numbers after the FHOG ends. Again this is all speculation though.

The first home buyer market has already slowed significantly from where I'm sitting. There's plenty of investors out buying properties right now and I don't see that changing becuase the FHOG gets reduced.

The first home buyers will reduce further over the next 6 months, but investors are already picking up the slack. Waiting until then might mean you pay 10% more than if you buy now.

Or the market could crash, who knows? :)

Hi,

We have noticed a lot of enquiries from Investors as well, a lot of them are thinking along the same lines that we are due for a bit of an upswing in property prices.

Some of the First Home buyers we have interviewed are not worried about the FHOG and would rather wait and save a bigger deposit rather then have a LVR of 97% once you add the LMI.

Who knows, will have to wait and see.

Kind Regards,

Alex

Back