Finance

W

WebBoard

Finance Hurdles!!
Date: 5/23/00
Time: 10:36:35 AM

Hi all, I am currently looking at a Duplex development that would in the final wash up look like this;
Total cost = $550,000
Estimated market value( based on research of the area ) = $ 650,000+

My current security value (without new prop) is $725,000 with total debt of $494,000. LVR=68%

If we add the new values this equation becomes, securuty = $1,375,000, with total debt = $1,040,000. LVR = 76%

If we were to borrow 80% of the construction value we could borrow $520,000, with the other 30 - 50K (allowing for some unfoseen costs) being secured against our existing properties. At completion we would sell the 3bdr., pay 300K back to reduce the debt to 250k on a 340K+ property thus creating equity and +cashflow to move on to the next one.

Problem is, Westpac who we have a very good package with will lend to 80% on an existing I/P but for this scenario with borrowing costs and using the realised market value, will only lend to 60%.

Can any of you number guys out there suggest an Institution that will come to the party, or a more creative structure? I believe the deal is sound and there is no reason I can see why I can't do it. Comments appreciated.

Kind Regards, Brendan.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pierre

Reply: 1

Re: Finance Hurdles!!
Date: 6/4/00
Time: 3:15:15 PM

I've just contacted Investloan to arrange some finance for an IP. Investloan are a subsidiary of JLF Corporation, and can be found at http://www.investloan.com.au

They are morgage brokers based in QLD, and they seek finance for owner occupiers and investors. The bloke I spoke with spent quite some time with me on the phone outlining a number of important things to consider when seeking finance for an IP.

They have 24 financiers on their panel and help you choose the one to suite your needs best. They have just prepared a report for me which recommends three lenders. I'm going to approach them myself to talk some more before proceeding.

You don't have to use them, but the idea of using a Morgage Broker is, in my opinion, a good one. I got my first home loan through a broker in Newcastle, and was very happy with the service. I learnt a lot, and he did all the hard work including pulling off some great deals that was the difference between me getting the original loan and not getting it. (long story, won't go into it here).

Anyway, try a broker.

Pierre

Eddym

Reply: 1.1

Date: 5/23/00
Time: 11:53:48 AM

Have you contacted Resi Home Loans @ Stanmore in NSW? Give them a try. AMP might also be worth a call. I have no association with either, only suggestions based on where I got a loan 6 months ago..good luck, Eddy

Brendan

Reply: 1.1.1

Date: 5/24/00
Time: 3:56:34 PM

Eddym, Thanks for the reply. I called Resi just before I posted the forum article actually and gave them my details, they are gatting back to me soon. The guys name I spoke to was Elvis though, Is that good or bad??? If anyone has had experience with private lenders, I'd love to here your thoughts.

Brendan.

Robert

Reply: 1.1.1.1

Date: 5/26/00
Time: 4:50:16 PM

I have dealt a bit with Wizard mortgage lenders, though I haven't as yet borrowed from them. But I have very good customer service from them and have had all my questions answered directly. Though I did ask a difficult question on 3rd party mortgages which they gave a positive answer to after querying the management. I dealt with Amy Trudgian or Adam Dayeian both really good. 02 94276999.

Robert

Eddym

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1

Date: 5/25/00
Time: 1:26:31 PM

The person I have dealt with at Resi is Tom Lockwood..who is very good. I dont mind if you mention my name when speaking to him (Eddy Morris - no commission involved). Let me know how you get on: my email @ work is [email protected] eddy

Back