Financial Advisor/Planner in Sydney

I'm looking for a financial advisor/planner in Sydney. Does anyone have any recommendations?

I was thinking about Ark Group. Has anyone dealt with them before?

HI ckl,

I don't know whether you will get many replies from this forum. We are mostly direct Property Investors. Financial Planners deal with Prperty trusts, Managed Funds, Shares etc. Not direct property.:)

Regards Jo

What about

www.navra.com.au

Steve Navra has posted on SS and has some ideas that are outside the box. I haven't used him however from his posts and those of others, his firm would be worth checking out.

Last edited:
None at all?

Mark

None at all.

Unless... . .you are "technically" a Financial Planner that is employed in R/E!

A few Mortgage Brokers are Financial Planners or Advisors.

Actually, there is someone I noticed on this forum who is just that! Not a regular forumite...anyone?

Regards JO

i can also recommend Nick and his associates. Nick surrounds him self with people that know their stuff.

Also, just a few days ago I came across a guy named Mark from a group called Moneytree that deal with property, but I can't recommend him just yet. :)

Hiya

Nick Moustacas and his group come well recommended

I use Nick for some of our structuring work and we share many clients.

He knows his stuff and is easy to relate to

www.strategicwealth.com.au

ta
rolf

I contacted them after seeing them on ur website and i talked to some chick their and she said its 300 p/h work with nick....I'm not heaps savvy on the workings of a finance advisor, but is 300 p/h abit steep?

If it's to see a planner in regards to managed funds or risk I would also look at using and abusing some of the bank planners as initially they come free of charge. You may or may not decide to proceed further (have them formally prepare a plan) with them but you should be able to get a feel for any common themes.
There is another guy I used (Sean "someone") some time back who had a very broad range if income insurance products that I used 18 months or so ago that was based in Sydney. For memory he worked for Guardian Financial. I was quite happy with his service and the range of options he gave me compared a couple of banks. I know a few brokers from my aggregator (Sydney based) used him.
If you'd like me to chase up his details just send me a PM.

Regards
Steve

Hi Guys,

Can someone recommend good advisor from Melbourne?

I got 1 IP and need the proper advice to go head.

cosy

Nice. . . . . . .

Hi Jo,

Might as well come clean. I work for Navra Financial Services. We recommend and encourage clients buy direct property (no high rise crap, almost always free standing homes that must meet strict criteria). I just find it funny when people paint the entire industry with the same brush. Also, I know that Richard (can't for the life of me remember his handle now) on here - the mortgage broker/financial planner dude - also recommends property.

Mark

Hi cosy,

You can try Katrina at Nicholson Financial Planning. Last I heard she wasn't taking on any new clients, but you can sure give it a red hot go! Her website is www.nicholsonfp.com.au. She was my planner before I moved to Brisbane and started working for Navra. If she doesn't and you're willing to work with interstate planners, feel free to PM me.

Mark

Edit: Katrina's site is still under construction, but there's a link to her email there, so shoot her an email.

I just find it funny when people paint the entire industry with the same brush.
One of my pet hates too... people tend to do this with real estate agents also. There are good and bad people in every profession, so no need to jump to conclusions.

Also, I know that Richard (can't for the life of me remember his handle now) on here - the mortgage broker/financial planner dude - also recommends property.
Qlds007

Back