Financing Structure - Help!

hi all

wondering if i can get some advice on my serviceability and financing structure.

here's a brief of my situation.

1. property 1 (PPOR split account 1) & property 2 (split account 2) are x coll, yeah i know it shouldn't be done but i was naive back then. value $1.235m owing $680k equity $555k or 45% i'm planning to setup an offset account on split account 1 (PPOR) and transfer our savings into this account, is this the approach?

2. property 3 is to be developed by building 3 units and rented out when completed. expected cost of development is $700K (will be borrowing from the bank) these will have +ve cash flow as the land was purchased a long time ago. when this is completed i'll get the bank to revalue the 3 villas, how and what do i need to do to draw on that equity and have the cash sitting in an account so that i can use it to buy more properties? do i create another offset account or setup a split loan account?

3. property 1,2,3 are in joint names, we have bought an OTP property in joint names for $635k with 10% deposit already paid and will need to borrow from the bank when the developers have completed construction. our intention is to live in this property.

4. property 4 value is $440K and owing $225K equity 49% in my name. i'm deliberating on using the equity here to purchase property but wary of whether it will cause a problem on serviceability or ability to borrow from the banks point of view? remember we need to borrow for item 2 & 3. +ve cash flow

5. property 5 value is $450k owing $200k equity 55% in wife's name. again there's equity that we can use. +ve cash flow

I would like to know if the bank will continue to support our purchases using the equity in 4 & 5 when 2 & 3 are in play?

If we refinance property 4 & 5 do we have the cash sit in their respective split account? or in an offset account? or should we look at LOC?

TIA
Jerry

My immediate response is that you can choose to look at this in a more structured way with your banker or broker.

There are probably a number of ways of doing such things, the primary issues you may run into are concentration risk and the lender not doing 3 Unit construction etc .

Some will argue that you drive it home all with the one lender regardless of the arduous conditions they may force upon you, I'm not one of those

Ta
Rolf

You need to speak with a professional broker to get the mess sorted out asap. Then you can move forward with your next plans.

You need to speak with a professional broker to get the mess sorted out asap. Then you can move forward with your next plans.

i'll be speaking to a mortgage broker to help me with this for sure but in the mean time i've read chapter 10 of m lomas' book which advocates having 1 LOC with sub accounts to handle the various IPs as well as the PPOR. this effectively is x-coll correct?

however, the benefits she outlines is the flexibility to add or minus IPs without having to re apply unless the LOC ceiling needs to be raised.

still reading the book but what do you guys think since you do this day in day out?

however, the benefits she outlines is the flexibility to add or minus IPs without having to re apply unless the LOC ceiling needs to be raised.

still reading the book but what do you guys think since you do this day in day out?

2 comments

Loc as a core lending investment product has some interesting clauses in the conditions

as for xcoll. the below is about right for the majority of transactions and people. Some will benefit, most wont.

http://somersoft.com/forums/showpost.php?p=120656&postcount=6

ta
rolf

Back