Finding that special road

Hi Guys,

I have read in many books, articles, opinions etc that purchasing on particular roads in a suburb can make a world of difference in the price of the real estate.
I can imagine the proximity to schools, train stations, bus stops etc would obviously make some streets more expensive. But what are other factors that can be used to measure the price of a place?

Just curious on people's opinions on what other aspects would tend to make these price fluctuations.

Does anyone have examples of what they have seen or experienced that would made one street more expensive then the one next to it?

Just curious on people's opinions on what other aspects would tend to make these price fluctuations.
Does anyone have examples of what they have seen or experienced that would made one street more expensive then the one next to it?

As Jacque said - local knowledge.

Every suburb has an 'exclusive' area where prices are higher than the norm for the suburb. Often referred to as 'snob hill' etc.

Every suburb has an 'exclusive' area where prices are higher than the norm for the suburb. Often referred to as 'snob hill' etc.

I live in an area in my suburb called 'The Warren'. Houses there command a premium and real estate agents love to mention The Warren in their ads. It is a bit elevated compared with most of the suburb. Of course, we still talk to people who live on the lowlands.

Proximity to parks and shops (but not too close to shops) is important. The amount of sunlight a house gets is also important - houses on different sides of the same street will get different light. And prices can vary alot from one end of a street to another.

Sometimes you have to invest the time and walk the streets to get to know a suburb - and you need to do it at different times of the day.

Scott

Back