Finding the owner of a empty house

Hi everyone.

There is a house in my street which has been vacant for a very long time.You know the usual, the mail never gets picked up, grass never cut etc etc.

Now im intersted in buying the house for the land, but what would be the best way to find out who owns the house to see if he wants to sell?

Nobody is there and there is not point writing a letter.

Can anyone give me any hints?

RP Data or PDS Live.

I highly doubt anyone here with a login will give you details due to "privacy"

So if you can obtain a login yourself that may be the way to go.

A short council rate search may help but again most councils wont give out full particulars these days so you may just get a name..

Go RP data or sign up for a PDS ....then you can type in addresses with full particulars until your fingernails fall off.....

there are groups you can join and prepay to gain some advantage in cost sharing...do a search on here, there was one mentioned recently from memory..

similar to rp data but not as good...way cheaper though and will do the job for the average investor.

www.pdslive.com.au

i think thats still it...

tell accountants nothing he may backdoor you...when researching tell no one nothing...ive seen the best deals get taken from under investors noses simply because they opened their gob...

money plays on many peoples eyes and some will wait for no one when it comes to profits..

best of luck..

similar to rp data but not as good...way cheaper though and will do the job for the average investor.

www.pdslive.com.au

i think thats still it...

tell accountants nothing he may backdoor you...when researching tell no one nothing...ive seen the best deals get taken from under investors noses simply because they opened their gob and told the world about it before they actually entered into a contract to purchase...

money plays on many peoples eyes and some will wait for no one when it comes to profits..

best of luck..

.............................................................................................

Hi Maza,

That is publicly available information. You can get it by doing a title search at whatever the Lands & Planning Department is called in your state. It costs $10-$15 here in the NT. It should give you the full name of the owner, when they purchased it and how much they paid. The only downside is that the owners may have moved and not updated thier contact address.

Kind regards,
Jody

Why not just knock on the door of the house(s) next door and see if the neighbours know? I've done the same thing before and ended up chatting to the old fellow for ages and getting all the information i was after...

Back