first home & renovations help!

Erin - you're in brissy - have a look thru this section of the forum as there as lots of tips on where to buy quality but inexpensive kitchen cabinets (and other things).

I wouldn't go to Bunnings for kitchens - they have a limited range/size and are not that cheap.

ok cool.. do i search in this section of the forum? :)

Welcome!! Told you you'd get lots of great answers here!!:D

I's scrap the bathroom. Kitchen- depending on how much you hate it. But I'd probably just get a new one. If the laminate is coming away I'd say it's not very good quality so not worth spending money on.
I'm in Sydney so can't help with kitchen places but someone may have one. Deal direct, not with ones that come out to you (they get them from wholesalers and double the price).
Good luck. It looks like a lovely home. Just need to put your own mark on it.

Welcome!! Told you you'd get lots of great answers here!!:D

I's scrap the bathroom. Kitchen- depending on how much you hate it. But I'd probably just get a new one. If the laminate is coming away I'd say it's not very good quality so not worth spending money on.
I'm in Sydney so can't help with kitchen places but someone may have one. Deal direct, not with ones that come out to you (they get them from wholesalers and double the price).
Good luck. It looks like a lovely home. Just need to put your own mark on it.

hah yes thanks for suggesting!

you mean scrap the bathroom and redo it? those tiles are foooouuuulll!

i'm confused what you mean about dealing direct? my PT's husband is a carpenter and was going to give me the name of a cabinet maker thats apparently very good - is this not recommended?

thanks! :)

Yes scrap as in rip it out and start again.

A cabinet maker direct would be good. Cut out the middle man. What I meant was those big companies that come out, draw up the plans etc etc. They charge $30K for something you could get for half the price.

hellooooo!! so the husband and I were going to build, but couldn't find land in brisbane that we were happy with. so we put an offer on a house and yay, it was accepted. its all moving ahead nicely and i'm already looking to renovate!

the house its about 10 years old with federation style decorating and colours (burgundy, dark green etc) which I hate. we won't renovate structural, more aesthetics like changing the ugly sink taps, painting, replacing the kitchen cupboards, new modern ceiling fans and lighting, then we'll get to ripping up the carpet and replacing the living areas with floor boards and render the exterior, paint the roof and things like that.

can anyone tell me where to begin or give any advice? we're totally new to this! :) also recommendations of tradies in brisbane would be great too!

(i have attached some photos for suggestions)

Maybe just a few skylights in different areas of the house would light the rooms up,myself i would not spend anymore then that,looks good to me.

Back