First Timer - Fixing up an old fibro garage with damaged panels?

There is a property myself and my partner are looking at in Colyton (western sydney), and whilst the IP as a whole is pretty good, the free standing garage is an old fibro one, and the sides of it have a few broken fibro panels - there are some holes and stuff.

The front has already been clad over, so from the street it looks pretty good but from the backyard it looks a bit run down.

So im wondering what some more experienced people suggest to do with this?
- should we leave it as is, because the front still looks good?
- should we clad over the rest of the garage to make it better looking from the back as well?
- is there any other repairs you can do to patch up the old fibro boards that have been broken?
- is it even worth doing anything to the garage, considering that it still works and looks good from the front... will it add any value?

Ive go no experience repairing things like this, so i would like to get some opinions.

Thanks in advance,
Karl.

Hi Karl,
I had a garage like this on a property I owned, I ended up glueing new panels of non-asbestos fibro on top of the broken panels then painted the lot. After a while I stopped seeing the repairs, and it stayed like that until we eventually had the shed demolished 7-8 years later.

Tom

Back