Fishing spots off Brisbane?????

I have just bought myself a brand new Quintrex 510 Freedom Sport and have my first ten hours on the Yamaha 80 4 stroke. It has a range of around 200kms a tank in good conditions.

I use to fish around Mackay and the Whitsundays and the problem I have is I don't know the waters and the good fishing spots here.

I have done one overnight in Moreton bay around Peel island and Macleay island but got no pleasure from these fish.

It is set up as a bow-rider ski boat but I have taken the lounges out and made it fish friendly so sleeps two comfortably but can carry 7 adults or 4 adults and 6 children.

I want to fish outside 20-30 kms offshore to get onto some decent stuff.(Weather Permitting)

Does anyone have any decent fishing spots that they would like to share with me,not public but by PMs is fine.
I have the Lowrance Elite 5 sounder with charts.
Thanks in advance :D

We were out fishing on Sunday around Peel island. We were catching a few but they were all undersized. My hubby caught some decent fish just beach fishing off north straddie at Easter last year.

INVSTOR,
I know what you mean,undersize and not many of them.

Got a couple of hammerhead sharks,one large pike eel,few whiting and about half dozen other eatable.

Need to go offshore to get onto the decent ones.

I was in the water from Cleveland around midday Saturday and out around 10am on Sunday. Probably saw you as Sunday was a beautiful day on the water.

Have you been outside?

Were you with another guy fishing? Yer, it was a superb day for it! We were out from 9.00am till about 3.00. There were heaps of dolphins on the way back. Small world hey. I also ran into my workmate at the boat ramp. I was fishing with my hubby, his friend, my son, and my daughter was laying down relaxing in the cabin part of the boat. There were some flash boats out there! We've been as far as North and South Straddie but didn't fish. We're planning on going out again soon to fish, probably to North/South Straddie or Tangalooma and spend the night at whichever. I think that's the plan, the guys were organising something??

Back